Looking for a simple, delicious and filling vegan meal that’s easy to make? Look no further than these Vegan Tacos! Made with basic ingredients like black beans, onions and red bell peppers, these tacos are sure to satisfy your cravings without taking too much time or effort to prepare.
But don’t let the simplicity of the recipe fool you: these tacos pack a punch of flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. With just a few simple steps, you can have a healthy and mouthwatering meal on your plate in no time.
Whether you’re an experienced vegan or simply looking to try out new plant-based recipes, these tacos are sure to be a hit. And if you’re someone who likes to put their own spin on things, there are plenty of optional toppings to choose from, like sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, salsa, and lime wedges.
So why wait? Whip up a batch of these tasty Vegan Tacos today and experience the goodness of a meal that’s both customizable and full of flavor. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make a meal that’s sure to become a favorite among vegans and non-vegans alike.
Vegan Tacos Recipe
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 17 oz (481.9 g) quorn vegetarian mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt and pepper to taste
- 6 small tortillas depending on size
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into small pieces.
- Toss the sweet potato pieces in a bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and red bell pepper and sauté until they are softened and lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the vegetarian mince to the skillet and break it up with a spatula. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until it is heated through and lightly browned.
- Add the drained and rinsed black beans, chili powder, cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until everything is heated through and well combined.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave.
- Assemble your tacos by adding a spoonful of the vegetarian mince and black bean mixture to each tortilla, followed by a spoonful of the roasted sweet potatoes. Top with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, salsa, and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
2. Heat the oil in the pan before adding the diced onions and red bell pepper to ensure they cook evenly.
3. Add the chili powder and cumin to the pan along with the vegetables to enhance their flavor.
4. Stir the black beans into the pan and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
5. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Warm up the small tortillas in the microwave or on a pan to make them soft and pliable for assembling the tacos.
7. Assemble the tacos with the black bean mixture and any optional toppings you desire for added flavor and texture.
8. Be creative with the toppings and mix and match them as per your preference.
9. Enjoy your vegan tacos hot and fresh.
Data source: USDA
This recipe typically lasts up to 5 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.
To store, transfer the cooked taco filling to an airtight container and let it cool down to room temperature before sealing it tightly. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To freeze, transfer the cooked taco filling to a freezer-safe container and let it cool down to room temperature before sealing it tightly. Label the container with the date and freeze for up to 3 months.
To defrost, transfer the container with the frozen taco filling to the fridge and let it defrost overnight. Reheat the taco filling in a pan over medium heat before serving.
To serve, warm the tortillas in a pan or microwave and spoon the taco filling onto the warm tortillas. Add the optional toppings to taste.
1. Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos – Roasted cauliflower and spiced chickpeas make a great vegan taco filling that’s low in calories but high in flavor.
2. Lentil Tacos – Cooked lentils, seasoned with taco spices, make a great vegetarian protein source for your tacos.
3. Jackfruit Tacos – Canned jackfruit is a great vegan meat substitute that mimics the texture of shredded meat when cooked and makes a great taco filling.
4. Portobello Mushroom Tacos – Sliced and marinated portobello mushrooms make a great vegan meat substitute for your tacos, and they’re delicious grilled or sautéed.
5. Sweet Potato Tacos – Roasted sweet potatoes seasoned with taco spice and topped with fresh salsa and avocado make a delicious and filling vegan taco recipe.
6. Tofu Tacos – Crumbled tofu seasoned with taco spices makes a great vegan protein source for your tacos, and it’s a great option for those who don’t like legumes.
7. Black Bean and Corn Tacos – Cooked black beans and corn seasoned with taco spices make a delicious vegan taco filling that’s high in protein and fiber.
8. Tempeh Tacos – Sautéed crumbled tempeh seasoned with taco spices makes a great vegan protein source for your tacos.
What To Serve With
1. Cilantro lime rice
2. Grilled corn on the cob
3. Black bean salad
4. Roasted vegetable medley (such as peppers, onions, and zucchini)
5. Avocado salsa or guacamole
6. Refried beans
7. Vegan sour cream or cashew cream
8. Mixed greens salad with a citrus vinaigrette
9. Fresh tomato and onion salsa
10. Spicy pickled vegetables.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.