Here is a fun and healthy turkey taco stuffed peppers recipe: a great way to reduce carbs and keep yourself feeling full.
Usually, turkey mince recipes can end up being too dry or bland, but by using taco seasoning, tomatoes, onions, and garlic, it is full of flavor and is very satisfying.
Not to mention, adding cheese, cilantro, and jalapeño peppers takes it to another level. These are great for meal prep because it takes minutes to reheat in the microwave, and they keep well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Turkey Taco Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Slice the bell peppers lengthways and remove everything inside. Add to a baking tray and heat oven to 400°F/200°C for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prep the turkey mince by adding olive oil, onions, and garlic to a large saucepan on medium-high heat, and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the turkey mince and taco seasoning, stir to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and chopped cilantro. Cover on low-medium heat for 10 minutes. You can add water or chicken broth if you want but the tomato sauce will be good enough.
- Remove bell peppers from the oven but keep them in the same baking tray.
- Add the cooked turkey mince to each bell pepper.
- Top up with shredded cheese and jalapeños.
- Cover in foil, add the baking tray back into the oven and continue to cook for 20-25 minutes.
- To meal prep, store in the fridge up to 3-4 days and reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until piping hot.
- To freeze, store in the freezer up to 3 months, but make them without the cheese if you are planning to freeze and batch cook these.
How To Reheat Turkey Taco Stuffed Peppers?
|Air Fryer||5 minutes, on medium heat.|
|Microwave||2 minutes, covered.|
How To Store Turkey Taco Stuffed Peppers?
|Fridge||3 to 4 days.|
|Freezer (without cheese)||3 months.|
How do you keep stuffed peppers from getting soggy?
Use rice or quinoa, and mix it with the turkey mince, and that will for sure prevent the stuffed peppers from getting too soggy.
In this recipe post, we did not use any rice or quinoa, and while it was not wet, it does easily fall apart once cut into the pepper. Using rice or quinoa will make it easier for you to make it totally solid.
What do you eat with stuffed peppers?
Here are the 10 best side dishes you can try for stuffed peppers. You cannot go wrong with salad.
Do you have to cook the turkey mince first for stuffed peppers?
Yes, cook the turkey mince first, but you do not need to cook it for too long or overdo it. Turkey mince gets dry because it is a lean type of meat. The goal is to season it with taco seasoning and combine it with the other ingredients.
Is it better to freeze stuffed peppers cooked or uncooked?
Freeze them cooked, but do it without the cheese.
Which bell pepper is healthiest?
All bell peppers are great and have their benefits, but according to this study, red bell peppers are packed with the most nutrition.
As nutrition specialists, we are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans. All of the nutritional information provided is sourced from the USDA API.