Looking for the perfect snack that you can take with you on the go? Or perhaps you need something to munch on while you watch a movie at home? Look no further than this trail mix recipe! With a tantalizing mixture of nuts, dried fruit, chocolate, pretzels, and popcorn, this snack is sure to satisfy any cravings you may have for something sweet and salty.
What sets this trail mix apart from other snacks is the addition of honey and coconut oil. These ingredients give the mix a deliciously sticky texture, while providing some natural sweetness and healthy fats. This makes it an ideal choice when you’re looking for something that’s both delicious and nutritious.
Another great thing about this recipe is how customizable it is. Not a fan of one of the ingredients? Simply swap it out! Want it a bit sweeter or a bit less oily? Adjust the amount of honey and coconut oil as needed.
Overall, this trail mix is the perfect snack to fuel your body with some wholesome ingredients, while still satisfying your cravings. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a tasty treat, we’re confident that this recipe will soon become a go-to in your kitchen!
Trail Mix Recipe
- Combine almonds, cashews, dried cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips, pretzel sticks, and popcorn kernels in a large bowl
- In a separate small bowl, mix together honey and coconut oil
- Pour honey and coconut oil mixture over the trail mix and stir until evenly coated
Data source: USDA
The trail mix can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To freeze, place the trail mix in an airtight container or freezer bag and remove as much air as possible before sealing. Label with the date and contents before placing in the freezer.
To defrost, simply remove the container or bag from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few hours. Alternatively, you can microwave it on low power in short intervals, stirring frequently until fully defrosted.
Before serving or storing, give the trail mix a good stir to distribute any clumps or moisture that may have formed. Enjoy as a snack or add to your favorite cereal or yogurt..
1. Sweet and Salty Trail Mix: In addition to nuts and seeds, this version includes pretzels and chocolate chips for a more indulgent flavor.
2. Tropical Trail Mix: This version includes dried fruit like pineapple, mango, and papaya along with coconut flakes and cashews for a delicious tropical twist.
3. Spicy Trail Mix: For those who like a kick of heat, this variation includes chili powder, cayenne pepper, and other spicy seasonings mixed in with nuts and seeds.
4. Chocolate Lover’s Trail Mix: This version includes chocolate-covered almonds, chocolate chips, and other decadent ingredients for a more dessert-like snack.
5. Protein-Packed Trail Mix: To boost the protein content, this variation includes ingredients like roasted chickpeas, sliced turkey jerky, and edamame.
6. Nut-Free Trail Mix: For those with nut allergies, this version swaps out nuts for ingredients like roasted chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
7. DIY Trail Mix Bar: Set up a trail mix bar with a variety of nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and other mix-ins so that everyone can create their own custom mix.
What To Serve With
– Fresh fruit (apple slices, grapes, berries)
– Veggie sticks (carrots, celery, bell peppers)
– Yogurt or cottage cheese
– Cheese cubes
– Whole grain crackers or rice cakes
– Edamame or roasted chickpeas
– Jerky or beef sticks
– Chocolate chips or small candies (for a sweet addition)
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.