Stuffed Chicken Breast is a delicious and hearty dish that is popular all around the world. What could be more delightful than tender chicken breasts wrapped around a mouth-watering filling made from a variety of ingredients such as cheese, herbs, and vegetables? This recipe is perfect for a family dinner or a fancy weekend feast. Moreover, it is incredibly easy to make and can be adapted to various tastes and preferences. So, whether you are a seasoned chef or just getting started in the kitchen, give our Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe a try and impress your loved ones with a truly fabulous dinner.
Here is why you might love this Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
1. The gooey, melted cheese filling adds a rich, savory flavor to every bite.
2. The chicken breast is wrapped in crispy, golden-brown prosciutto, giving it a delicious texture and satisfying crunch.
3. This recipe is versatile and can be customized with your favorite herbs and spices to create a unique flavor profile that suits your taste buds perfectly.
Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup (101.4 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (30.4 g) spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup (55.8 g) sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup (6.1 g) fresh basil chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1/2 cup (63.4 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup (109.6 g) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (54.8 g) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stuff chicken breasts with the cheese and spinach mixture.
- Coat each chicken breast with flour, shaking off the excess flour.
- Dip the chicken in beaten eggs, then coat with seasoned breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, cook the chicken breasts, turning occasionally, until golden and crispy on all sides.
- Remove chicken from the skillet, and transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- If needed, secure the stuffed chicken breasts with toothpicks before baking.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Main Ingredient||Brief Description||Alternative Options|
|Chicken Breast||Main protein source, boneless and skinless||Turkey breast, pork tenderloin|
|Stuffing||Filling for chicken, typically made with breadcrumbs, herbs, and spices||Quinoa, rice or herb roasted vegetables|
|Cheese||Adds creaminess and flavor to stuffing||Goat cheese, feta, Parmesan, or no cheese for a dairy-free option|
In general, cooked chicken can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months. However, the stuffing ingredients may affect the shelf life, so always refer to the specific recipe for storage instructions.
To store stuffed chicken breast in the fridge, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. If you plan to freeze the chicken, wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container.
To defrost stuffed chicken breast, transfer it from the freezer to the fridge and let it thaw overnight. Alternatively, you can defrost it in the microwave or in a bowl of cold water (changing the water every 30 minutes) if you need it to thaw quickly.
Always ensure that the chicken is fully cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F before serving. Discard any leftovers that have been left at room temperature for more than 2 hours or have an odd smell or appearance.
1. Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast: This variation adds a Mediterranean twist by seasoning the chicken with garlic and oregano, stuffing it with sautéed spinach and crumbled feta cheese, and baking it until golden brown.
2. Broccoli and Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breast: This version is perfect for cheese lovers, as it features a blend of sharp cheddar cheese and chopped broccoli florets, seasoned with garlic and paprika, and baked to perfection.
3. Sun-Dried Tomato and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breast: Another Mediterranean-inspired variation, this recipe calls for stuffing chicken breasts with a mixture of sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and basil. It’s then baked for a flavorful and cheesy dish.
4. Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast: For those who love bacon, this variation calls for wrapping seasoned chicken breasts with crispy bacon before stuffing them with a filling of your choice, such as a combination of cream cheese and chives or sautéed mushrooms.
5. BBQ Stuffed Chicken Breast: This Southern-inspired recipe mixes diced onions, red bell peppers, and corn, along with barbecue sauce, and then stuffed inside the chicken breast. Baked until it’s golden and crisp.
What To Serve With
Here are some ideas for what to serve with stuffed chicken breast:
1. Roasted vegetables: Some good options include roasted asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or carrots.
2. Salad: A simple side salad with mixed greens and a vinaigrette dressing can be a perfect complement to the chicken.
3. Rice or quinoa: These grain sides can provide some warmth and heft to balance the chicken.
4. Garlic mashed potatoes: Mashed potatoes make a great side for chicken, and the garlic brings some extra flavor.
5. Steamed broccoli: Steamed broccoli is an easy, healthy side that goes well with many dishes.
6. Roasted sweet potatoes: Roasted sweet potatoes are a nutrient-dense and delicious side dish that can work well with chicken.
7. Green beans: These can be served either steamed or roasted for a simple and nutritious side dish.
8. Glazed carrots: Honey-glazed carrots are a great way to add some sweetness to the meal.
9. Bread: Some crusty bread can help to sop up any juices from the chicken and make for a satisfying side.
10. Wine: A glass of wine can be a great pairing for the dish, with white wine or light reds working well.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.