If you love spice and meaty bolognese, you will love this spicy spaghetti bolognese recipe which is actually more straightforward to cook over the traditional version because there are fewer ingredients and only requires simple spice.
Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
To make the bolognese
- On a medium-high heated pan, add a dash of olive oil and onions. After 3 minutes, add the garlic and carrots, and continue to saute until soft for another 5 minutes.
- Add the lamb mince and fry for until the meat is brown.
- Add the chilli powder, tomato puree, salt and black pepper. Followed by both cans of chopped tomatoes.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes, whilst siring occasionally.
To make the spaghetti
- While your bolognese is simmering, this is an ideal time to prepare the spaghetti. Simply add a dash of olive oil and salt to your saucepan of boiled water, followed by the spaghetti.
- Allow to simmer until cooked, which should be around the same time the bolognese is fully cooked.
- Add your spaghetti and bolognese to your meal prep containers. This recipe is ideal for 4 portions.
- For meal prep purposes, refrigerate up to four days.
- For ultimately macro-friendly purposes, use lean meat and zucchini spaghetti.
- For ultimately flavour, use 50% fatty meat and 50% lean meat.
- Freeze up to 4 months if you want to batch cook.
- Nutritional information below reflects bolognese and spaghetti.
Data source: USDA
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.