Here is a heartwarming early autumn soup recipe that is spicy, tasty, and full of flavor. If you see a fresh pumpkin, be sure to try this recipe which happens to be perfect for meal prep and batch cooking.
Spicy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Prepare pumpkin chunks
- In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin chunks, spices, and olive oil.
- Stir to combine with wooden spoon.
- Transfer to baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes on 350F (180C) in oven or 20 minutes in the iar fryer.
- Ensure you check half way through and stir the spicy pumpkin chunks.
- Allow pumpkin chunks to cool down.
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock. Cook for further 5 minutes and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the pumpkin chunks and vegetable stock in a high-speed food processor and blitz until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer to saucepan and simmer with cream.
- For best results use any type of high-speed food processor or blender.
How To Store Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Ensure you use an air-tight storage container to keep the soup extra fresh. If you have a spare lemon, squeeze half in the container for extra freshness.
|Fridge||3 to 4 days.|
|Freezer||4 to 6 months.|
How To Reheat Spicy Pumpkin Soup
|Saucepan||5 minutes, on medium heat.|
|Microwave||2 minutes, covered.|
We test recipes from our London studio. We also work with a team of nutrition and data specialists to help create meal plans that’ll actually work. The nutritional values you see are calculated by USDA.