Here is a heartwarming early autumn soup recipe that is spicy, tasty, and full of flavor. If you see a fresh pumpkin, be sure to try this recipe which happens to be perfect for meal prep and batch cooking.
Spicy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Prepare pumpkin chunks
- In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin chunks, spices, and olive oil.
- Stir to combine with wooden spoon.
- Transfer to baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes on 350F (180C) in oven or 20 minutes in the iar fryer.
- Ensure you check half way through and stir the spicy pumpkin chunks.
- Allow pumpkin chunks to cool down.
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock. Cook for further 5 minutes and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the pumpkin chunks and vegetable stock in a high-speed food processor and blitz until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer to saucepan and simmer with cream.
- For best results use any type of high-speed food processor or blender.
Data source: USDA
How To Store Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Ensure you use an air-tight storage container to keep the soup extra fresh. If you have a spare lemon, squeeze half in the container for extra freshness.
|Fridge||3 to 4 days.|
|Freezer||4 to 6 months.|
How To Reheat Spicy Pumpkin Soup
|Saucepan||5 minutes, on medium heat.|
|Microwave||2 minutes, covered.|
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.