If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious dinner that’s quick and easy to make, look no further than Sheet Pan Asian Chicken and Vegetables. This recipe is a favorite for busy weeknights, offering a complete meal with tender chicken and a colorful array of veggies all cooked on one sheet pan for easy cleanup. The Asian-inspired flavors come from a simple marinade of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and honey, which infuses the meat and vegetables with a mouthwatering sweetness and savory depth. Try making this recipe yourself and taste the difference for yourself – your taste buds will thank you!
Here is why you might love this Sheet Pan Asian Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
1. Quick and easy to prepare: This recipe can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen.
2. Healthy and nutritious: This dish combines lean protein from the chicken with a variety of colorful vegetables, making it a well-rounded, nutritious meal that is also low in calories.
3. Bursting with flavor: The recipe uses a blend of Asian-inspired spices and sauces to create a delicious marinade that infuses the chicken and vegetables with flavor. The result is a dish that is both satisfying and delicious.
Sheet Pan Asian Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- 1 pound (453.6 g) chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 cup (97.4 g) mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup (99.4 g) sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 (1 tablespoon) garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon green onions
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, minced garlic, grated ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Toss in the chicken, bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and sugar snap peas.
- Spread out the mixture evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve on a plate and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions (optional).
2. Marinate the chicken ahead of time to ensure it's flavourful and tender.
3. Use a high smoke-point oil like peanut oil or avocado oil to prevent the vegetables from burning.
4. Line the sheet pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
5. Preheat the oven to ensure even cooking and crispy vegetables.
6. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer to prevent steaming and ensure they roast evenly.
7. Toss the vegetables in the oil and seasoning to ensure they are evenly coated.
8. Add the chicken on top of the vegetables to prevent them from drying out.
9. Cook the sheet pan in the lower third of the oven to ensure crispy vegetables.
10. Rotate the sheet tray halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
11. Let the sheet pan rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Protein source that is high in nutrients including iron and B vitamins.
|Tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian option, or beef or pork as substitutes for chicken.
|Provides fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Can include a variety such as bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, and snap peas.
|Any combination of vegetables can be used in this recipe depending on personal preference.
|A mixture of soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger that gives the dish its signature flavor.
|Teriyaki sauce or hoisin sauce can be used as a substitute for the Asian sauce if desired.
Storage: The Sheet Pan Asian Chicken and Vegetables recipe will last in the fridge for up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container.
Freezing: To freeze, place the pre-cooked chicken and vegetables in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can also freeze leftovers in individual portions. The recipe will last frozen for up to 3 months.
Defrosting: To defrost, remove the container or bag from the freezer and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Alternatively, you can defrost the container or bag in a bowl of cold water.
Reheating: Reheat the chicken and vegetables in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat in the microwave, covered with a moist paper towel, for 2-3 minutes.
1. Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables: Replace the soy sauce and brown sugar with teriyaki sauce. Add chopped pineapple for a sweet and tangy flavor.
2. Sheet Pan Spicy Chicken and Vegetables: Add red pepper flakes or sriracha to the marinade for a spicy kick. Use a mix of bell peppers and broccoli for the vegetables.
3. Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Vegetables: Add sesame oil and sesame seeds to the marinade. Toss with snap peas, carrots, and sliced red onion for the vegetables.
4. Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Vegetables: Replace the soy sauce with lemon juice and add minced garlic for a bright and savory flavor. Use zucchini, yellow squash, and cherry tomatoes for the vegetables.
5. Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables: Use honey and dijon mustard instead of soy sauce and brown sugar. Add roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts for a hearty side dish.
What To Serve With
Here are some options to serve with Sheet Pan Asian Chicken and Vegetables Recipe:
1. White rice or brown rice
2. Noodles (Udon, soba, or rice noodles)
3. Steamed or stir-fried vegetables like broccoli or bok choy
4. Kimchi or pickled vegetables
5. Soup or salad (Miso soup or lettuce salad goes nicely)
6. Dumplings or potstickers
7. Edamame or tofu
8. Asian style dipping sauces like soy sauce, hoisin sauce, or sriracha sauce.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.