Here is how to make a simple sautéed kale that is nicely seasoned with garlic. This is a great recipe to pair with protein or a meat dish.
- 500 g (1.1 lb) curly kale
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) black pepper
- Wash and drain the curly kale leaves, before roughly chopping them into bite-sized pieces.
- To a large skillet, set heat on medium-high and add the olive oil and garlic.
- After 3 minutes, add the kale and cook for 5 minutes by continuously stirring.
- Once cooked, season with salt and black pepper. Transfer to plate and serve.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 79.79kcalCarbohydrates: 6.68gProtein: 3.86gFat: 5.38gSaturated Fat: 0.71gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.22gMonounsaturated Fat: 2.69gSodium: 357.56mgPotassium: 450.45mgFiber: 5.25gSugar: 1.03gVitamin A: 12489.14IUVitamin B1: 0.15mgVitamin B2: 0.44mgVitamin B3: 1.5mgVitamin B5: 0.14mgVitamin B6: 0.22mgVitamin C: 117.69mgVitamin E: 1.33mgVitamin K: 490.07µgCalcium: 324.25mgCopper: 0.08mgFolate: 77.63µgIron: 2.1mgManganese: 0.91mgMagnesium: 42.44mgPhosphorus: 73.73mgSelenium: 1.56µgZinc: 0.52mgNet Carbohydrates: 1.43gRead more nutritional information values.
Data source: USDA
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.