Here is how to cook rump steak the best way each time. Simply cook for 3 minutes in total for rare, 5 minutes for medium, or 8 minutes for well done.
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet
- Keep steak stored at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to cooking. Season with salt and olive oil.
- Preheat cast iron pan on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add steak.
- Allow steak to cook for 1 minute then turn over every 30 seconds to cook a golden crust.
- Cook for 3 minutes in total for rare, 5 minutes for medium, or 8 minutes for well done. Halfway through add the butter, crushed garlic and thyme.
- Transfer to plate and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
Serving: 1steakCalories: 566.16kcalCarbohydrates: 3.23gProtein: 40.99gFat: 43.7gSaturated Fat: 20.34gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.26gMonounsaturated Fat: 19.41gTrans Fat: 0.46gCholesterol: 152.1mgSodium: 2521.2mgPotassium: 582.06mgFiber: 0.33gSugar: 0.1gVitamin A: 428.18IUVitamin B1: 0.2mgVitamin B2: 0.49mgVitamin B3: 9.88mgVitamin B5: 0.07mgVitamin B6: 0.91mgVitamin B12: 3.34µgVitamin C: 4.41mgVitamin D: 0.2µgVitamin E: 0.91mgVitamin K: 6.54µgCalcium: 39.18mgCopper: 0.2mgFolate: 7.14µgIron: 3.8mgManganese: 0.18mgMagnesium: 46.19mgPhosphorus: 306.19mgSelenium: 50.23µgZinc: 10.4mgNet Carbohydrates: 2.9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We test recipes from our London studio. We also work with a team of nutrition and data specialists to help create meal plans that’ll actually work. The nutritional values you see are calculated by USDA.