Spicy and totally satisfying peri-peri halloumi to take your salad bowl to the next level. This recipe is super quick with minimal ingredients which is ideal for those busy weeknights when you are looking for a quick dinner. This salad is also high in protein and fat whilst low in carbohydrates.
What is peri peri halloumi?
You simply dip each halloumi slice in a peri-peri marinade and cook it over a high heated griddle pan or frying pan for under five minutes.
Rather than using a burger bun, here is a low-carb alternative to make your new favorite salad which is high in protein.
It is super quick, tasty, and budget-friendly which makes a fantastic lunch or dinner.
Peri Peri Halloumi Salad
- Slice the block of Halloumi in half and slice into four pieces.
- In your mixing bowl, add the peri-peri marinade, followed by the halloumi.
- Gently mix.
- Pre-heat your frying pan at a high temperature (this is important).
- Slightly reduce the heat, then fry the Halloumi slices for two minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Add to your bowl of salad.
- For meal prep purposes, refrigerate up to three days and ensure the salad is fresh.
- If you do not have peri-peri marinade, you can use any spicy sauce or simply just cook the halloumi as it is, which will still be a very tasty salad.
Can you reheat halloumi?
This halloumi salad tastes best when fresh but you can meal prep this recipe or prepare the salad bowls in advance.
If you are going to prep this recipe, first of all, you must ensure that you use fresh salad and give it a rinse to keep it lasting long.
To reheat the halloumi, cook it for 40 seconds in the microwave. It still tastes okay after 2 to 3 days but the longer you leave it, the more rubbery it will become.
However, if you prepare the salad bowls in advance, it only takes 5 minutes to cook it fresh which is not bad timing on a weeknight.
As nutrition specialists, we are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans. All of the nutritional information provided is sourced from the USDA API.