Are you on the lookout for a delicious and unique twist on traditional waffles? If so, search no more because we have the perfect recipe for you: peanut butter banana waffles! Bite into the perfect balance of sweetness and nuttiness, achieved by combining the flavors of ripe bananas and peanut butter. You can indulge in something sweet and savory, and this breakfast treat is perfect for all occasions, whether for family breakfast or brunch with friends.
This recipe is straightforward to make, and you don’t have to worry about specially sourced ingredients at the grocery store. You only need all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and other regular pantry staples that you most probably already have. The comforting smell of freshly cooked waffles will draw you in, and before you know it, you’ll have a warm plate of peanut butter banana waffles ready to devour.
Peanut butter banana waffles are so versatile that you can serve them plain or as a canvas for a plethora of toppings. Since peanut butter goes well with so many things, add some whipped cream, fresh berries or other fruit slices, jam, honey, or even chocolate chips if you want to go all out. These toppings complement the flavor of the waffles and enhance the texture, making it a hit with both kids and adults alike.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your waffle maker ready and enjoy a delicious breakfast that will make your taste buds dance! With peanut butter banana waffles, you can never go wrong.
Peanut Butter Banana Waffles Recipe
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl.
- Add the milk, peanut butter, banana, and vanilla extract to the eggs.
- Whisk everything together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Stir everything until combined.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray or melt butter on it.
- Spoon the batter onto the waffle iron.
- Cook the waffles for about 4 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
2. Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before starting to cook.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients together separately before adding them to the dry ingredients.
4. Stir the batter until it is just combined over-mixing can result in tough and chewy waffles.
5. Preheat your waffle iron thoroughly before starting to cook.
6. Use a non-stick spray or melted butter to prevent the waffles from sticking to the waffle iron.
7. Be patient don't try to lift the waffles too soon or they may break apart.
8. Use a timer to ensure that the waffles are cooked evenly.
9. Allow the waffles to cool on a wire rack for maximum crispiness.
10. Add your favorite toppings, such as whipped cream, fresh fruit, or maple syrup, before serving.
Data source: USDA
The Peanut Butter Banana Waffles can last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator if stored in an airtight container. To freeze, allow the waffles to cool completely and then place them in a single layer in a freezer-safe bag or container. They can last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
To reheat, simply pop them in the toaster or oven until warmed through. If you like, you can also reheat the waffles in a microwave by placing them on a microwave-safe plate and heating them for about 30 seconds to a minute, or until they’re warm.
When storing the waffles, it’s important to allow them to cool completely first before placing them in an airtight container. This will help prevent any moisture from accumulating and prolong the storage period. When freezing, don’t forget to label the container with the date that the waffles were stored, so that you know how long they’ve been frozen.
To defrost frozen waffles, simply take them out of the freezer and allow them to thaw either in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for a couple of hours. Alternatively, you can also thaw the waffles in a microwave by heating them on the defrost setting for 30 seconds to a minute, or until they’re no longer frozen. Once thawed, reheat the waffles according to your preference.
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Waffles: Add cocoa powder and chocolate chips to the batter for a chocolate twist on the classic recipe. Top with whipped cream and sliced bananas.
2. Cinnamon Sugar Peanut Butter Banana Waffles: Mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on top of the waffles. Top with peanut butter and sliced bananas for a sweet breakfast treat.
3. Nutella Peanut Butter Banana Waffles: Spread Nutella on top of the waffles and top with sliced bananas and a drizzle of peanut butter. This variation is perfect for those with a sweet tooth!
4. Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Waffles: Substitute the flour with gluten-free flour and add a tablespoon of flaxseed meal for extra texture. The result is a delicious, crunchy waffle that’s also gluten-free!
5. Chia Seed Peanut Butter Banana Waffles: Add chia seeds to the batter for a nutritious breakfast that’s packed with fiber and protein. Top with Greek yogurt and fresh berries for a healthy start to your day.
What To Serve With
– Sliced bananas
– Drizzled honey or maple syrup
– Sprinkles of chopped peanuts or almonds
– Fresh berries
– Whipped cream
– Nutella or chocolate chips as a topping
– A side of bacon or sausage for a salty contrast
– A cup of hot coffee or cold glass of orange juice to drink
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.