Omelet with Black Bean Salsa Recipe
Take your ordinary omelet to the next level with this delicious black bean salsa recipe. Packed with high protein, and plenty of flavors, this dish will surely satisfy your taste buds and add an extra zing to your breakfast.
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup (174.5 g) black beans
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp green onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup (75.6 g) fresh tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro garnish
- 1 cup (114.6 g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic and cayenne pepper. Sauté for several minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add chopped tomato, black beans, mixed herbs, green onions, and cilantro.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes on medium-heat.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with salt and black pepper.
- In another skillet, add butter and egg mixture on medium-heat. Cook eggs, lifting edges until set.
- Add bean salsa mixture and grated cheese to the omelette, and fold eggs over filling.
- Cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sliced avocado.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 616.35kcalCarbohydrates: 39.2gProtein: 30.06gFat: 39.03gSaturated Fat: 14.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4.25gMonounsaturated Fat: 16.94gTrans Fat: 0.26gCholesterol: 371.07mgSodium: 656.7mgPotassium: 1204.47mgFiber: 11.6gSugar: 2.47gVitamin A: 1433.83IUVitamin B1: 0.54mgVitamin B2: 0.71mgVitamin B3: 2.13mgVitamin B5: 2.67mgVitamin B6: 0.53mgVitamin B12: 1.1µgVitamin C: 10.09mgVitamin D: 1.93µgVitamin E: 3.73mgVitamin K: 29µgCalcium: 334.61mgCopper: 0.61mgFolate: 312.4µgIron: 4.62mgManganese: 0.77mgMagnesium: 122.21mgPhosphorus: 521mgSelenium: 37.69µgZinc: 4.43mgNet Carbohydrates: 27.61gRead more nutritional information values.
Data source: USDA
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.