These chicken thighs are boneless chicken thighs marinated in peri-peri sauce best served grilled. This recipe is one of the best because it’s so spicy, tender, and juicy.
As you can see in the picture, the chicken thighs look the same as what you get in Nando’s however we have not used any product from Nando’s – it’s all homemade!
The peri-peri sauce was made from scratch and I used a griddle pan to cook these chicken thighs. In the summer months, it will taste better cooked on a BBQ!
Peri Peri Chicken Thighs
- 500 g boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup peri-peri sauce
- Add the chicken thighs and peri peri sauce to a mixing bowl, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but most preferably 8 hours.
- Pre-heat your griddle pan or grill on high heat for 5 minutes.
- On medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reapply the peri peri sauce from the mixing bowl to the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken thighs for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with spicy rice for an amazing combination.
- Reapply the peri-peri sauce half way when cooking to get amazing flavors.
Meal Prep FAQ
These peri peri chicken thighs are perfect for meal prep because they taste superb when reheated and can last for up to 3-4 days. I often make a batch of these on a Sunday and serve it with rice or potatoes.
- Can you reheat peri peri chicken thighs? Yes, they will still taste juicy and tender when you reheat them in the microwave, stove top or oven. They will keep well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Can you freeze peri peri chicken thighs? Yes, you can store them for up to 6 months but ensure you use an airtight container or freezer bag.
Meal Plan Weekly is a resource for busy people and home cooks around the world. What started as a solo blog has now turned into a website of healthy recipes and home cooking tips written by home cooks, chefs and nutritionists around the world. Our mission is to make healthy cooking easy, with realistic recipes that you will actually cook and balanced meals that you can fit into your meal plan.