Mini Chicken Pot Pies are a savory and satisfying comfort food that’s enjoyed by all ages. This recipe features a combination of tender shredded chicken, mixed veggies, and a creamy sauce that’s encased in buttery puff pastry shells. It’s easy to prepare and perfect for serving as a snack or main dish at any gathering. These mini pot pies have been a hit all over the world for decades as it is a delicious, filling and satisfying dish that everyone loves. If you haven’t tried it yet, now is the perfect time! So, give it a try and indulge in the flavors of this classic dish.
Here is why you might love this Mini Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
1. Convenience: These mini chicken pot pies are easy to prepare and bake, making them a great option for a quick and hassle-free meal.
2. Deliciousness: With their savory chicken and vegetable filling topped with warm, flaky pie crust, these pot pies are sure to satisfy any craving for comfort food.
3. Customizability: This recipe can be easily adapted to suit individual tastes and dietary restrictions, allowing you to create a meal that is as unique and personalized as you are.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
- 2 cups (284 g) shredded chicken cooked
- 1 cup (184.6 g) mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/2 cup (81.2 g) onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup (31.7 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (57.6 g) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (357.6 g) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (123.8 g) milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz (340.2 g) pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk.
- Add thyme, salt, and pepper, and stir until sauce thickens.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables.
- Spoon mixture into 4 ramekins.
- Roll out pie crust dough and cut into 4 circles.
- Place a dough circle on top of each ramekin and press around the edges to seal.
- Cut a small slit on top of each pie to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Main Ingredient||Brief Description||Possible Alternatives|
|Chicken||Cooked and diced or shredded chicken breast is used as the main source of protein in the pot pies.||Turkey, tofu, or diced ham may be used as a substitute for chicken.|
|Vegetables||A variety of vegetables such as carrots, peas, and potatoes are used to add flavor and nutrition to the pot pies.||Other vegetables that may be used include green beans, corn, and broccoli.|
|Pastry||Pre-made puff pastry or pie crust is used to make the flaky crust of the mini pot pies.||Alternatives to pastry include biscuits, crescent rolls, or a mashed potato topping.|
If the Mini Chicken Pot Pies are properly cooked and stored, they can last in the refrigerator for up to three to four days. To store, let them cool for approximately 30 minutes after cooking, then transfer them to an airtight container or a plastic wrap. If you’re using a container, make sure it has an airtight lid. Avoid stacking them on top of each other, and place them in the coldest part of your refrigerator.
For freezing, it’s best to arrange the pies in a freezer-safe container, leaving space between each pie to prevent them from sticking together. The pies can be frozen for up to two to three months. To reheat, transfer the pies to the fridge to defrost overnight, or you can bake them straight from the freezer, adding an additional 5-10 minutes to the cooking time. Avoid defrosting them in the microwave or at room temperature, as this can cause the pies to become soggy.
Remember to always check the expiration dates and the quality of the ingredients used. Additionally, make sure to wash your hands and surfaces before and after handling or preparing food to avoid contamination.
1. Vegetarian Mini Pot Pies- Swap out the chicken for a variety of veggies like mushrooms, carrots, peas and corn. Add some vegetable broth and a bit of cream to make a satisfying filling.
2. Beef Mini Pot Pies- Follow the recipe but swap out the chicken for ground beef or shredded beef, and add some diced potatoes for additional flavor.
3. BBQ Chicken Mini Pot Pies- Use BBQ sauce and shredded chicken for a tangy twist on this classic dish.
4. Ham and Cheese Mini Pot Pies- Use diced ham and cheddar cheese for a creamy and comforting meal.
5. Seafood Mini Pot Pies- Make mini pies with shrimp or lobster, add celery, onion, and carrots to make a seafood chowder filling.
6. Thanksgiving Mini Pot Pies- Use leftover turkey, cranberry sauce, and gravy to create this holiday-inspired dish.
7. Sweet Mini Pot Pies- Add fruit like apples, berries or peaches for a sweet dessert pot pie.
8. Greek Mini Pot Pies- Use cooked lamb or beef as the filling, and add feta cheese, spinach and tzatziki sauce for a Greek-inspired flavor.
What To Serve With
Some suggestions for what to serve with mini chicken pot pies could include:
1. A side salad with vinaigrette dressing
2. Steamed or roasted vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, or green beans
3. Mashed or roasted potatoes
4. Corn on the cob
5. Garlic bread or biscuits
6. Coleslaw or potato salad
7. Fruit salad or sliced fruit as a light dessert
8. Soup, such as tomato or vegetable soup, as a starter to the meal.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.