What is Minestrone Soup
Minestrone soup is a popular Italian soup recipe made with beans, vegetables, pasta, stock, and herb seasonings.
It’s a great heartwarming recipe for vegetarians, but variations of the minestrone soup recipe can also contain meat.
This recipe also goes way back to the Roman Empire era, and there are so many different versions of the minestrone soup recipe.
Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can cannellini beans drained
- ½ cup pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add celery, carrot, zucchini, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes; stirring regularly.
- Add the tomato purée and chopped tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, cover, reduce the heat, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans, pasta, and water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach leaves and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take off heat, allow to rest, and season before serving.
Data source: USDA
How To Store Minestrone Soup
Ensure you use an air-tight storage container to keep the minestrone soup extra fresh.
|Fridge||3 to 4 days.|
How To Reheat Minestrone Soup
|Saucepan||5 minutes, on medium heat.|
|Microwave||2 minutes, covered.|
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.