Here is a quick and easy Mexican tostada recipe that can be made authentically or with store-bought ingredients.
We love preparing different types of tostadas at the end of the week and this post features a basic recipe to get started.
What is a Tostada?
There are many variations such as chicken tostadas, fish tostadas, and vegan tostadas. It’s a fun and tasty light dinner snack that pairs well with a few beers on a Friday night.
Mexican Tostada Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 415°F for 5 minutes. Bake tostada for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat with the onion, taco seasoning, salt and other seasonings of choice.
- Prepare the refried beans and warm in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Once the beef is cooked, refried beans reheated and tostadas ready, assemble all ingredients by: spread a layer of refried beans on the tostadas, then ground beef, pico de gallo, guacamole, shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar cheese.
- You can also add other ingredients like sour cream, pickled jalapeno or your favorite hot sauce
- Use yellow corn tostadas for an authentic taste
- Not good for meal prep, serve right away
Data source: USDA
How To Substitute The Beef?
There are plenty of other alternatives in case you don’t want to use beef. You can opt for a white meal such as chicken, seafood, or turkey.
You could also use vegan or vegetarian substitutes of choice such as Quorn mince or chicken.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.