Fresh Mediterranean tuna salad is just what you need during the hot summer months as this recipe is fresh, tasty, and packed with flavor.
If you’re a fan of high-protein tuna salads, this recipe is just for you because it’s very easy to prepare for the week ahead and you only need a handful of basic ingredients.
If you could also use this recipe as a small appetizer for those BBQ nights and serve it with warm crusty bread.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Mason Jar
- 12 oz canned tuna chunks
- 2 oz feta diced
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 english cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp mixed herb seasoning
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl and whisk. Set aside for several minutes. Or keep it stored in an air-tight mason jar to prepare it ahead of time.
Add To Salad
- We advise you to rinse the canned tuna, however, this is optional. Prepare the chopped vegetables as advised and combine them with the canned tuna chunks and feta in a bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette and stir to fully combine.
- Cover and keep refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. You can serve immediately and always give it a final stir.
Is canned tuna OK on the Mediterranean diet?
Canned tuna is fine to use and is a rich source of protein which is great for this type of salad recipe. It’s also a convenient way to prepare your meals for the week ahead. However, due to the amounts of mercury, it’s advised to limit the use of canned tuna (and canned fish) on a weekly/monthly basis and keep serving sizes to the advised minimum.
What spices pair well with tuna?
If you wish to add more spice to this tuna salad recipe, the good news is that there are many good options. Red pepper chili flakes are the go-to choice and you can simply add a pinch before serving. You could also season the tuna chunks with cayenne pepper or cajun seasoning.
Meal Prep FAQ
How long does mediterranean tuna salad keep?
Once you prepare this recipe, you can keep it stored in the fridge and serve it within 3 to 4 days. This is why salad recipes are great for meal prep and convenient for busy workers because it’s a grab-and-go meal that takes less than 25 minutes to prepare.
Meal Plan Weekly is a resource for busy people and home cooks around the world. What started as a solo blog has now turned into a website of healthy recipes and home cooking tips written by home cooks, chefs and nutritionists around the world. Our mission is to make healthy cooking easy, with realistic recipes that you will actually cook and balanced meals that you can fit into your meal plan.