Mediterranean-style stuffed peppers are a delicious and healthy meal option that can be included in a Mediterranean diet meal plan. It’s made with bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of ground meat, rice, and Mediterranean herbs and spices. They are flavorful, satisfying, and easy to make. Try our recipe for a tasty and healthy dinner tonight!
Mediterranean-Style Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 230 g red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g turkey mince
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 60 g mozzarella grated
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut peppers in half, remove seeds and core but keep the stalks on.
- Rub peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on baking tray and roast for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook ground beef for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and cook onion, garlic, cumin, and herbs/spices for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked beef back to the pan, stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, stock cube and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the oven and fill them with the beef mixture. Top with cheese and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve peppers or prep 3-4 days ahead.
Data source: USDA
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.