Here is a high protein and muscle gain recipe for a Mediterranean chicken quinoa bowl which is perfect for meal prep that does not require reheating.
Grilled chicken breasts loaded with feta cheese, avocado, bell peppers, zucchini, and quinoa is certainty end up a high-calorie meal however you can portion control this recipe to make the calories lower.
Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- Ensure the chicken breasts are flattened with a meat hammer for best cooking results. Season the chicken with the olive oil, oregano, salt, black pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours for best results.
- Cook the chicken on on a griddle pan on medium-high heat or in the oven (200c/400f) for 10-12 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa by rinsing it first and adding it to boiled water (for every 100g add 300ml water) on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Once done, add the cooked quinoa to your meal prep container or serving bowl.
- Once the chicken has been cooked, add it to the meal prep container or serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to complete this chicken quinoa bowl. Optional but add chilli flakes to the avocado.
- For meal prep, you can refrigerate this up to 3-4 days. It is best to eat this cold but you can reheat it until the chicken is pipping hot.
Founder @ Meal Plan Weekly. Passionate about improving physical and mental health (wellness) via nutrition.