Lemon Loaf Bread
Here is how to make a slightly healthier version of lemon loaf bread with a handful of easy ingredients. This loaf is incredible tasty and moist.
- Preheat oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, sugar, milk, natural yogurt, and eggs. Whisk for several minutes.
- In another bowl, add self-raising flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk for several minutes.
- Combine and stir together the wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl. Once combined, add the lemon juice and zest.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Test with a skewer that the loaf isn't wet before you set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 238.76kcalCarbohydrates: 28.88gProtein: 4.2gFat: 12.23gSaturated Fat: 7.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.75gMonounsaturated Fat: 3.23gTrans Fat: 0.41gCholesterol: 75.56mgSodium: 304.01mgPotassium: 67.64mgFiber: 0.4gSugar: 17.03gVitamin A: 407.96IUVitamin B1: 0.03mgVitamin B2: 0.1mgVitamin B3: 0.2mgVitamin B5: 0.35mgVitamin B6: 0.04mgVitamin B12: 0.23µgVitamin C: 1.46mgVitamin D: 0.42µgVitamin E: 0.5mgVitamin K: 1.01µgCalcium: 64.31mgCopper: 0.04mgFolate: 12.46µgIron: 0.43mgManganese: 0.13mgMagnesium: 8.27mgPhosphorus: 72.53mgSelenium: 10.77µgZinc: 0.39mgNet Carbohydrates: 28.48g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We test recipes from our London studio. We also work with a team of nutrition and data specialists to help create meal plans that’ll actually work. The nutritional values you see are calculated by USDA.