So much cheese! Here is a meatball pasta bake which is the ultimate cheat meal to dive into. This cheesy meatball pasta bake was cooked on a Saturday night and there was enough leftovers, which got me thinking, can you meal prep this pasta bake?
Lamb Meatball Pasta Bake
- 250 g fusilli pasta
To make the meatballs
- In your mixing bowl, place all your ingredients and stir to combine.
- Shape into meatballs.
- Preheat your oven to 200C / 400F, and in the meantime, on a medium-high heated frying pan or cast iron, add olive oil and fry the meatballs for 5-8 minutes
- Once browned, add the meatballs to your large baking dish (ensure it is oiled) and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta by adding boiled water, a pinch of salt and a dash of oil to your saucepan on low-medium heat. After 15 minutes, drain the pasta once cooked and cover.
To make the sauce
- On medium-high heat, add olive oil to your saucepan, followed by the onions and garlic which you need to sauté until they’re fragrant and soft, for five minutes.
- Add the passata or chopped tomatoes, and the remainder ingredients.
- Cook for 15 minutes
Combine in baking dish
- Remove the baking tray of cooked meatballs and add the tomato sauce to the tray.
- Add the cooked pasta in between the meatballs.
- Add your layer of cheeses.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes on the same heat.
- For your meal prep, refrigerate up to three to four days and reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, until piping hot throughout.
- For a quicker method, you can use store bought meatballs.
- For better taste, use fresh bread crumbs.
As nutrition specialists, we are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans. All of the nutritional information provided is sourced from the USDA API.