Rajma Masala Recipe
Here is how to make kidney bean curry, known as rajma masala which has a tasty broth, and tender kidney beans and is served best with basmati rice or roti.
Pressured Cooked Kidney Beans
- Keep kidney beans stored in water overnight, and rinse and soak.
- Pressure cook kidney beans and fresh water for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the vegetable oil, onion, garlic paste and ginger paste. Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and spice powders. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the water, salt, and red kidney beans. Reduce to low heat. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 269.65kcalCarbohydrates: 38.93gProtein: 12.34gFat: 8.02gSaturated Fat: 1.21gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4.41gMonounsaturated Fat: 1.74gTrans Fat: 0.04gSodium: 971.66mgPotassium: 868.24mgFiber: 9.96gSugar: 4.18gVitamin A: 929.44IUVitamin B1: 0.34mgVitamin B2: 0.15mgVitamin B3: 1.57mgVitamin B5: 0.51mgVitamin B6: 0.41mgVitamin C: 14.07mgVitamin E: 1.66mgVitamin K: 21.49µgCalcium: 86.41mgCopper: 0.47mgFolate: 197.81µgIron: 4.08mgManganese: 0.82mgMagnesium: 83.17mgPhosphorus: 230.4mgSelenium: 3.31µgZinc: 1.69mgNet Carbohydrates: 28.98g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We test recipes from our London studio. We also work with a team of nutrition and data specialists to help create meal plans that’ll actually work. The nutritional values you see are calculated by USDA.