If you love egg muffins but looking for extra spice in the morning, these jalapeño popper egg muffins will certainly not disappoint. They will smell like pizza and taste so good that making six of these is just not enough.
I make these for my meal prep and find myself reheating these at random times of the day whether it is for breakfast or snacking in the office.
The good news is that these are macro-friendly, cost very little to make, and are very quick to prep.
Jalapeño Popper Egg Muffins
- Lightly brush each pocket in the muffin tray with oil.
- Crack each egg into a large bowl, season salt and black pepper, and whisk.
- Add your preferred ingredients to the muffin tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C | 350°F.
- Add the egg mixture. Also, add any toppings where necessary.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
- You can eat straight away but for meal prep ensure you let the eggs cool down and store in the fridge (up to 4 days) or freezer (up to 2 months).
- Egg muffins take around 30 seconds to reheat in the microwave.
- To prevent overflow, try to allow space when adding the egg mixture.
Founder @ Meal Plan Weekly. Passionate about improving physical and mental health (wellness) via nutrition.