Looking for a healthy lunch or light dinner option? Consider trying this hummus and veggie wrap recipe! It is an ideal way to relish in a delightful and fulfilling meal while also getting a good quantity of vegetables into your diet. To make this dish, simply whip up your own hummus, consisting of chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt. Then, spread the hummus evenly onto a whole wheat tortilla and start adding your veggies. We suggest using sliced cucumbers, red bell peppers, shredded carrots, and fresh baby spinach leaves. Finally, tightly roll up your wrap and divide it into halves for effortless serving.
One of the most remarkable aspects of this recipe is its ability to save you time without sacrificing its overall taste or nutritional value. You can quickly prepare it when you don’t have much time, but still want to consume a nutritious and satisfying meal. It’s also an advisable meal-prep option or easy to pack for lunch on-the-go.
Trying out this hummus and veggie wrap recipe is an excellent way to add more veggies into your diet, stay full and contented, and enjoy delicious flavors all at once. So why not take the plunge and give it a try today? You won’t regret it!
Hummus and Veggie Wrap Recipe
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can (1 ) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (0.2 tsp) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (0.2 tsp) salt to taste
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 cups (60.9 g) baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup (34.2 g) kalamata olives
- Make hummus by blending chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt.
- Spread hummus on whole wheat tortillas.
- Top with sliced cucumber, red bell pepper, shredded carrot, olives, and baby spinach leaves.
- Roll up tortillas tightly.
- Cut each wrap in half and serve.
2. Use a food processor or blender to make the hummus to ensure a smooth consistency.
3. Adjust the amount of lemon juice and salt to taste to suit your preferences.
4. Spread the hummus evenly onto the tortillas to ensure each bite has enough flavor.
5. Place the sliced vegetables evenly across the tortillas for even distribution of flavors.
6. Roll up the tortillas tightly to prevent the fillings from falling out.
7. Cut the wraps in half for easier handling and serving.
8. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later consumption.
Data source: USDA
This hummus and veggie wrap recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. To store, place the wraps in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap.
If you would like to freeze the wraps instead, wrap each individually in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. They can be frozen for up to 1 month.
To defrost, simply remove the wrap from the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Or, if you need to defrost it quickly, you can microwave it for 1-2 minutes on a low setting.
Note that the veggies may become a bit soggy after freezing and thawing, so you may want to consider leaving the veggies out of the wrap when freezing and add them fresh before eating.
1. Mediterranean-style Wrap – Add in roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes for an added Mediterranean twist.
2. Spicy Wrap – For those who like it hot, add some diced jalapenos or sriracha sauce to the hummus.
3. Cheese and Veggie Wrap – Add some crumbled feta cheese or shredded cheddar for a cheesier flavor.
4. Avocado Wrap – Add slices of avocado on top of the hummus for a creamy and healthy addition.
5. Tuna Salad Wrap – Mix in some canned tuna with the hummus and add some diced celery and onion for a tasty and protein-packed lunch.
6. Chicken Caesar Wrap – Add in some grilled chicken, lettuce, and Caesar dressing to make it a satisfying and delicious lunch.
7. BLT Wrap – Add in bacon, lettuce, and tomato for a classic BLT twist.
8. BBQ Chicken Wrap – Replace the hummus with BBQ sauce and add some shredded chicken for a BBQ-flavored wrap.
9. Vegan Wrap – Use vegan hummus and add in a variety of veggies like shredded carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers for a vegan-friendly wrap.
10. Buffalo Chickpea Wrap – Mix in some buffalo sauce with the hummus and add some chickpeas for a spicy and flavorful wrap.
What To Serve With
1. Fresh vegetables such as cucumber, tomato, carrot, bell pepper, and lettuce
2. Pita bread or tortilla wrap
3. Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
4. Tzatziki or garlic yogurt sauce for dipping or drizzling
5. Grilled or roasted chicken for added protein (optional)
6. Pickled vegetables or olives for tanginess and texture (optional)
7. Hummus chips or crackers for crunch (optional)
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.