Meatballs is the ultimate comfort food which can be made from many types of ingredients. Traditionally, it’s made with beef and pork, but there are many meatball recipes that can be made from lamb, turkey, or chicken, or you can go down the vegetarian and vegan route.
Nevertheless, any meatball dish will be delicious, and it’s a recipe which is often convenient for batch cooking or meal prep.
So, how do you reheat meatballs, and which is the best way? It depends on the type of recipe because the best option will vary. However, let’s dig deeper to review the best ways to reheat meatballs.
The Best Ways To Reheat Meatballs
As previously mentioned, there are many ways to make meatballs and some methods may vary when you reheat meatballs.
The key is to get the timing right and ensure the meatball is fully reheated which may seem tricky if you are worried about underheating or overheating the meatballs.
However, here are the best ways to reheat meatballs whether it’s a complete dish or alone.
Method One: Oven
If you are planning to only reheat meatballs, for example without any tomato sauce or pasta, the best method is the oven because they will reheat evenly when lined up on a baking tray.
As a result, the meatballs will be reheated from the outside in at the correct temperature which stops it from underheating or overheating.
Here is how you reheat meatballs in the oven:
- Preheat your oven at 180°C / 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Line your oven-proof baking dish with the baking and line the meatballs.
- Allow it to reheat for 15 minutes.
This will ensure that the meatballs are reheated correctly, and you can serve them immediately.
Method two: Stovetop
Reheating meatballs on the stovetop can be the best method if it’s a dish made with sauce or pasta, like a traditional meatball pasta bake, because you can allow it to simmer at the right temperature.
Here is how you reheat meatballs on the stovetop:
- Set temperature to medium-low heat.
- Transfer the meatball dish to your saucepan.
- Stir and allow simmering for 10 – 15 minutes but do ensure the sauce does not come to boil as you want to keep it on low heat.
Method three: Microwave
The fastest and most convenient method to reheat meatballs is by using the microwave which is very handy if you meal prep and plan to reheat food at work.
However, it’s important to choose the right settings to not overheat or underheat the meatballs.
Here is how you reheat meatballs in the microwave:
- Transfer the meatball dish to a microwave-safe container or plate.
- Cover the container with ventilated microwave cover.
- If you are using a new or powerful microwave, reduce the power setting and set it on medium.
- Heat the meatballs for 1 minute. Stir and heat again for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Founder @ Meal Plan Weekly. Passionate about improving physical and mental health (wellness) via nutrition.