Cooking Brown Rice Types & Times
|Brown Rice Grain||Rice Cups||Water Cups||Duration|
Brown Rice Recipe
- In a saucepan (high heat), boil water.
- Reduce heat (medium-high) and add in the brown rice.
- Leave uncovered and boil for 25 to 30 minutes (medium or long grain), or 15 minutes (short grain).
- Drain off the remaining cooking water.
- Return to pot and rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to fluff.
Data source: USDA
How Long Does Cooked Brown Rice Last?
Ensure you keep cooked basmati stored in an airtight food storage container.
How To Reheat Cooked Brown Rice?
|Microwave||2 to 4 minutes|
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.