Here is a simple takeout and restaurant-style smash cheeseburger recipe that you can easily make at home with a cast iron skillet.
What is a Smash Cheeseburger?
Smash cheeseburgers are simply ground beef that you can roll into a ball and smash completely flat on a cast iron skillet with a metal spatula.
It’s a superfast recipe because ideally you would want the burger patty to be medium-rare and by smashing the patty flat will increase the time it takes to form a golden crust.
Add slices of American cheese, burger sauce, grilled onions, and your favorite toppings to make a restaurant-style smash burger at home.
Homemade Smash Cheeseburger Recipe
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 Metal Spatula
- Divide beef into 4 portions. Roll into balls. Put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat cast iron pan on medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil.
- Add a beef ball and smash completely flat with the spatula and add onions. Smash again and season with salt and black pepper.
- Leave it for 2 minutes and flip it over when you see a brown crust.
- Add a slice of American cheese on top of the burger and reduce the heat.
- Cook until cheese melts and once burger are medium-rare.
- Toast burger bun for 1 minute on cast iron pan,
- Assemble burger bun with dill pickle, burger patty, and sauce.
Data source: USDA
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.