Are you on the lookout for a healthy and scrumptious breakfast or snack to start your day? Look no further than this fantastic banana muffin recipe that is sure to delight your taste buds. The recipe makes use of whole wheat flour, mashed ripe bananas, and a touch of honey, making these muffins a tasty and nutrient-rich option that is ideal for those who want to start their day on a healthy note.
One of the best elements of this recipe is that it features unsweetened applesauce and optional walnuts, adding extra fiber, protein, and healthy nutrients to the muffins. In addition, these muffins are incredibly easy to make, and you can use any overripe bananas lying around your kitchen, so there’s no waste. Whether you are on the go and need a grab-and-go breakfast, want a midday snack, or need a healthy dessert, these banana muffins are the perfect solution.
Eating healthy doesn’t mean that you have to compromise on flavor, and these muffins are a perfect example of this. When you bake these muffins, you can enjoy a delicious and wholesome treat that is perfect for any time of the day. So why not try making a batch of these fantastic banana muffins today and see just how delightful they are? With their amazing taste and health benefits, these muffins are sure to become a favorite in your home.
Healthy Banana Muffins Recipe
- Muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix mashed bananas, honey, and applesauce together.
- Add in 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add in 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, and gradually add in 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour until well mixed.
- If desired, add in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and mix.
- Pour mixture into greased muffin tins or paper liners.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Data source: USDA
These healthy banana muffins can last in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months. To store them, allow them to cool completely before placing them in an airtight container and storing them in the refrigerator or freezer.
To freeze the muffins, wrap them individually in plastic wrap or aluminium foil and place them in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. Be sure to label them with the date they were frozen.
To defrost the muffins, remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw at room temperature for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. They can also be reheated in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes or in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute.
Enjoy these delicious and healthy banana muffins for breakfast or as a snack anytime, anywhere!
1. Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins: Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter to create a decadent twist on the classic banana muffin recipe.
2. Blueberry Banana Muffins: Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries to the batter to create a burst of fruity sweetness in each muffin.
3. Gluten-Free Banana Muffins: Replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend, such as almond flour, for those with gluten sensitivities.
4. Vegan Banana Muffins: Replace the eggs with a flax egg or chia egg and use non-dairy milk to create a vegan version of this recipe.
5. Nutty Banana Muffins: Add chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, to the batter for added texture and nutty flavor.
6. Banana Oatmeal Muffins: Replace 1 cup of flour with 1 cup of rolled oats to create a heartier, oatmeal-based muffin.
7. Pumpkin Banana Muffins: Add 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin puree to the batter and sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top for a fall-inspired twist on this recipe.
What To Serve With
1. Fresh fruit salad
2. Greek yogurt with honey and nuts
3. Scrambled eggs
4. Oatmeal or granola
5. Veggie omelette
6. Protein smoothie
7. Avocado toast
8. Cottage cheese with berries
9. Turkey or chicken slice
10. Mashed avocado with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.