Are you tired of the same old boring vegetarian meals and looking for something that’s both healthy and delicious? This Grilled Veggie Wrap recipe is the perfect solution to your craving. With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful wrap that’s hearty, filling, and easy to prepare.
The recipe calls for a variety of fresh vegetables such as red bell pepper, zucchini, onion, and mushrooms, all of which can be easily grilled to perfection. These grilled veggies add a smoky flavor and a unique texture that make this wrap truly unforgettable.
To add even more flavor, the wrap is filled with creamy hummus and zesty feta cheese that pairs perfectly with the grilled veggies. Additionally, the wrap can be customized to your liking by adding optional toppings such as avocado or fresh herbs.
The best part? This recipe only takes about 20-25 minutes to prepare and cook, meaning you can enjoy a healthy and delicious meal even on the busiest weeknight. So, whether you’re cooking for yourself or your family, this Grilled Veggie Wrap is a perfect choice. Give it a try today and enjoy the flavors and health benefits of this dish!
Grilled Veggie Wrap Recipe
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, toss sliced red bell pepper, zucchini, yellow onion, and mushrooms with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill veggies for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred.
- Warm tortillas on the grill for 10-15 seconds on each side.
- Spread 1/4 cup of hummus on each tortilla.
- Layer grilled veggies evenly on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and any optional toppings.
- Roll up tightly and serve warm.
2. Slice the veggies evenly to ensure that they cook uniformly.
3. Toss the veggies in olive oil, salt, and pepper before grilling to make them more flavorful.
4. Grill the veggies until they are tender and lightly charred, which will give them a smoky flavor.
5. Warm the tortillas on the grill before filling them with veggies and other toppings.
6. Use hummus as a spread instead of mayonnaise or other sauces, which is healthier and more flavorful.
7. Layer the veggies evenly on each tortilla to make sure that each wrap has the right amount of filling.
8. Add crumbled feta cheese as a topping, which will add a tangy and salty flavor to the wrap.
9. Optional toppings like sliced avocado or chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley or cilantro) can be added to enhance the flavor and presentation of the wrap.
10. Roll the filled tortillas tightly to prevent them from falling apart and serve them warm.
Data source: USDA
This Grilled Veggie Wrap recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 1 month.
To store in the fridge, place the cooked veggie filling in an airtight container and store separately from the tortillas and toppings. To assemble the wrap, simply heat up the filling and tortillas, then add the toppings before wrapping.
To freeze this recipe, wrap each individual wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Place the wrapped wraps in a freezer-safe container and store for up to 1 month. To defrost, simply remove the desired number of wraps from the freezer and let them thaw in the fridge overnight. Then, heat up the filling and tortillas and add the toppings before wrapping.
For best results, do not freeze the assembled wraps with the toppings as they may become soggy once thawed.
1. Mediterranean Grilled Veggie Wrap: Add hummus, tzatziki, and feta cheese to the grilled veggies and wrap in a whole wheat pita for a Mediterranean twist.
2. BBQ Grilled Veggie Wrap: Baste the veggies with your favorite BBQ sauce before grilling and add avocado and sliced red onion to the wrap for a smoky and sweet flavor.
3. Spicy Grilled Veggie Wrap: Add sliced jalapenos or sriracha to the grilled veggies and top with sliced avocado and a spicy salsa for a fiery kick.
4. Thai Grilled Veggie Wrap: Marinate the veggies in a blend of soy sauce, lime juice, and ginger before grilling and add Thai basil, chopped peanuts, and a sweet chili sauce to the wrap.
5. Caprese Grilled Veggie Wrap: Add fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, and pesto to the grilled veggies and wrap in a whole wheat tortilla for a fresh and flavorful twist on a classic Caprese salad.
What To Serve With
1. Homemade hummus or tzatziki sauce
2. Mixed greens or arugula salad
3. Quinoa or couscous salad
4. Roasted or grilled sweet potato wedges
5. Grilled corn on the cob
6. Fresh fruit or fruit salad
7. Mediterranean olives or marinated artichokes
8. Baba ghanoush or tabbouleh salad
9. Fried or baked zucchini chips
10. Garlic bread or pita chips.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.