Are you on the hunt for a tasty and healthy side dish to serve at your next barbecue or dinner party? Look no further than this mouth-watering grilled eggplant recipe. With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can create a dish that’s bursting with flavor and packed full of nutrients.
Firstly, the eggplant is sliced into rounds and then coated with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Allow it to soak up the flavors for a few minutes, then it’s time to hit the grill. As you cook the eggplant, it gradually becomes tender and irresistibly fragrant. You’ll know it’s done when it’s lightly charred on both sides.
But to take this dish to the next level, it’s best to add a few extra touches. Drizzle the eggplant with some balsamic vinegar and scatter some freshly chopped parsley on top. The vinegar’s tanginess combined with the earthy eggplant flavor creates a fun, flavor-packed side dish that everyone will adore.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a vegetarian, a health nut, or just someone who loves trying new recipes this grilled eggplant dish is the one for you. It’s perfect for serving as a side dish at your next gathering or as a flavorful main course all on its own. So why wait? Get your grill going and try this scrumptious grilled eggplant recipe today!
Grilled Eggplant Recipe
- Slice eggplants into rounds
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl
- Brush mixture onto eggplant slices
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- Place eggplant slices on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until tender and lightly charred
- Remove from grill and drizzle with balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
2. Slice eggplants evenly to ensure they cook evenly.
3. Make sure the grill is well heated before placing the eggplant slices.
4. Brush olive oil mixture generously on the eggplant slices to add flavor and prevent sticking.
5. Use a grilling basket to make the grilling process easier.
6. Keep an eye on the eggplant slices to avoid burning them.
7. Let the eggplant slices rest for a few minutes before serving to allow them to cool down and absorb the flavors.
8. Add chopped parsley as a garnish for extra freshness and flavor.
Data source: USDA
This recipe can typically last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months. To store the grilled eggplant, let it cool down to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator or freezer accordingly.
To freeze the grilled eggplant, wait until it has cooled down completely and then place it in freezer-safe plastic bags or containers. Make sure to remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn or crystals from forming.
When you are ready to consume or use the grilled eggplant, you can take it out of the refrigerator or freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Alternatively, you can reheat it from frozen by placing it in the oven or microwave until it is heated through.
Before serving or eating, sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top (if desired) and enjoy!
1. Stuffed Grilled Eggplant: Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Mix the flesh with cooked rice, diced vegetables, and spices. Stuff the mixture back into the eggplant halves and grill until the filling is heated through.
2. Grilled Eggplant Salad: Slice the eggplant into thin rounds and grill until charred and tender. Toss with a mix of fresh herbs, chopped tomatoes, and a vinaigrette dressing for a refreshing salad.
3. Grilled Eggplant Lasagna: Use grilled eggplant slices in place of the pasta sheets in a traditional lasagna recipe. Layer the eggplant with tomato sauce, cheese, and other fillings of your choice before baking in the oven.
4. Grilled Eggplant Sandwich: Stack grilled eggplant slices with tomato, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves between two slices of crusty bread. Drizzle with balsamic glaze for a tasty vegetarian sandwich.
5. Grilled Eggplant Parmesan: Bread and fry eggplant slices until crispy, then layer them in a baking dish with tomato sauce and cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, or a combination). Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Grilled Eggplant Skewers: Cut the eggplant into bite-sized pieces and thread onto skewers with other vegetables (such as peppers, onions, or cherry tomatoes). Brush with a marinade mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs before grilling.
What To Serve With
1. Grilled chicken or fish.
2. Garlic bread or toasted baguette slices.
3. Mixed green salad with a simple vinaigrette.
4. Couscous or quinoa salad.
5. Grilled vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers or onions.
6. Hummus or tzatziki with pita bread.
7. Tomato and onion salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
8. Feta cheese, olives and cherry tomatoes.
9. Grilled lamb chops or beef kabobs.
10. Roasted potatoes seasoned with herbs and olive oil.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.