Looking for a simple yet delicious recipe that will leave your taste buds begging for more? Look no further than Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce! This Argentinean-style dish is a popular favorite among foodies worldwide. It’s incredibly easy to make and can be served with a variety of sides or piled high on a bed of fresh greens. The tangy, savory flavor of the chimichurri sauce pairs perfectly with tender, juicy grilled chicken, creating a palate-pleasing dish that is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. So why wait? Give this recipe a try today and experience the bold, zesty flavors for yourself!
Here is why you might love this Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
1. The grilled chicken is tender and juicy, making for a delicious and satisfying meal.
2. The chimichurri sauce adds a burst of fresh and zesty flavor, elevating the dish to another level.
3. This recipe is easy to prepare and perfect for a summer BBQ or dinner party.
Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- Rub 4 chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Grill chicken for about 6-8 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Set aside to rest.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 cup parsley leaves, 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, 2 chopped garlic cloves, and 1/4 cup chopped red onion until finely chopped.
- Add 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Pulse to combine.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in 1/2 cup olive oil until well blended.
- Drizzle the chimichurri sauce over the grilled chicken and serve.
2. Marinate the chicken in a mixture of spices, herbs, and oil for at least 30 minutes to infuse flavor and tenderness.
3. Preheat your grill to medium-high, ensuring it's clean and the grates are well-oiled to prevent sticking.
4. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until it's fully cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
5. While the chicken is grilling, prepare the chimichurri sauce by blending together fresh herbs, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil in a food processor.
6. Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into pieces.
7. Serve the chicken hot with a generous dollop of chimichurri sauce on top.
8. To enhance the flavor of the dish, try adding some roasted vegetables, such as peppers or zucchini, on the side.
9. Experiment with different variations of chimichurri sauce by adding ingredients such as lemon juice, honey or chili peppers for extra heat.
10. Finally, embrace the opportunity to get creative with your plating – add a pop of color with fresh herbs or garnish with sliced avocado or tomatoes.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Chicken||Grilled and seasoned with salt and pepper||Tofu, tempeh, beef, pork or shrimp|
|Chimichurri Sauce||A tangy green sauce made with parsley, cilantro, garlic, vinegar, and oil||Substitute parsley with basil, cilantro with mint, vinegar with lemon juice or lime juice|
|Salt and pepper||Used to season the chicken before grilling||Any other preferred seasoning like paprika, cumin, curry powder or chili powder|
Grilled chicken with chimichurri sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Make sure to discard any leftovers that have been left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Grilled chicken can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months. The chimichurri sauce can also be frozen separately in a small freezer-safe container for up to six months.
To defrost, transfer the frozen chicken and sauce to the refrigerator and allow it to thaw overnight. Alternatively, you can use the defrost setting on your microwave to thaw the chicken and sauce in a few minutes.
When reheating, make sure to cook the chicken to an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure it is safe to eat.
It’s important to note that the specific storage, freezing, and defrosting instructions for a recipe can vary depending on the ingredients and preparation method used. Therefore, it’s always best to follow the storage instructions provided by the recipe.
1. Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce: This variation of the recipe substitutes chicken with steak as the main protein. The steak is seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper and grilled to perfection. The chimichurri sauce is made using parsley, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and red pepper flakes.
2. Grilled Shrimp with Chimichurri Sauce: For this variation, shrimp is the protein of choice. The shrimp is seasoned with cumin, paprika, garlic, and olive oil and grilled for a few minutes until it turns pink. The chimichurri sauce is the same as in the original recipe.
3. Grilled Vegetable Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce: This recipe variation does not use any meat at all. Instead, vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, and onions are cut into small pieces and threaded onto skewers. The vegetables are grilled for a few minutes until they are tender and slightly charred. The chimichurri sauce is used as a dip for the vegetable skewers.
4. Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce: In this variation, pork tenderloin is used instead of chicken. The tenderloin is seasoned with a rub made from cumin, garlic, paprika, and brown sugar and grilled until cooked through. The chimichurri sauce is the same as in the original recipe.
5. Grilled Lamb Chops with Chimichurri Sauce: This variation uses lamb chops instead of chicken. The chops are seasoned with salt, pepper, and cumin and grilled until cooked to the desired doneness. The chimichurri sauce is made using parsley, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and red pepper flakes.
What To Serve With
Some options to serve with grilled chicken and chimichurri sauce could include:
– Roasted vegetables, such as asparagus, bell peppers, or zucchini
– A side salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, and avocado
– Garlic mashed potatoes or sweet potato fries
– Grilled corn on the cob
– Rice pilaf or quinoa salad
– Warm rolls or garlic bread
– Grilled halloumi cheese
– Guacamole or salsa for dipping
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.