Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dish that the entire family will love? Look no further than these mouth-watering Grilled Chicken Fajitas! Perfect for a summer barbecue, these fajitas are packed with flavor and are a hit with everyone who tries them. The recipe is simple enough for even novice cooks to follow, yet the end result is so scrumptious that your friends and family will be begging you for the recipe. So why not take your taste buds on a journey and try this recipe today? Trust us, your taste buds won’t regret it!
Here is why you might love this Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
1. The grilled chicken adds a delicious smoky flavor to the classic fajita dish.
2. The variety of veggies, such as bell peppers and onions, provide a tasty and colorful addition to the meal.
3. This recipe is customizable, allowing individuals to add their preferred toppings and adjust the spice level to their liking.
Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 lb (453.6 g) chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) black pepper
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp guacamole
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice bell peppers and onion into strips.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the chicken breasts and vegetables with the oil and seasonings mixture.
- Grill the chicken and vegetables for 5-7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Warm tortillas on the grill or in the oven.
- Slice the chicken into strips.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables on warm tortillas and add desired toppings.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Ingredient||Brief Description||Possible Alternatives|
|Chicken||Grilled and sliced chicken breast or thigh||Beef, shrimp, tofu, or vegetables such as portobello mushrooms|
|Bell Peppers||Sliced and grilled green, red, and/or yellow bell peppers||Onions or other types of peppers such as poblano or jalapeño|
|Tortillas||Flour or corn tortillas, warmed on the grill or in the oven||Lettuce wraps, rice or quinoa bowls, or corn chips for dipping|
Grilled chicken fajitas can last up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container. If you have leftovers that you would like to store for a longer period of time, you can freeze them for up to 2-3 months.
To store in the fridge, simply transfer the grilled chicken and vegetables to an air-tight container, and place them in the fridge. Alternatively, you can also wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
To freeze the grilled chicken fajitas, allow them to cool down completely, then transfer them to a resealable freezer bag or an airtight container, and place them in the freezer.
When it comes time to defrost the grilled chicken fajitas, you can either transfer them to the fridge the night before, or you can use a microwave or defrosting option on your oven. Make sure the dish is fully defrosted before reheating it. You can reheat the grilled chicken fajitas in the microwave, oven or on the stove.
Always make sure to follow proper food safety guidelines when storing and reheating your food to prevent any foodborne illnesses.
1. Steak Fajitas – Substitute grilled steak for chicken. You can use flank steak, skirt steak, or sirloin steak.
2. Vegetable Fajitas – Replace the chicken with a variety of grilled vegetables like bell peppers, onions, zucchini, squash, and mushrooms.
3. Shrimp Fajitas – Marinate shrimp in a similar seasoning blend and grill until cooked through. Serve with peppers and onions.
4. Tofu Fajitas – Use firm tofu instead of chicken and vary the seasoning with chili powder, cumin, and paprika.
5. Fish Fajitas – Grill fish like tilapia or cod and serve with grilled peppers and onions.
6. Pork Fajitas – Use pork tenderloin or pork chops as a substitute for chicken. Season with a blend of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
7. Breakfast Fajitas – Add scrambled eggs to the skillet with peppers and onions and wrap in tortillas for a breakfast twist on fajitas.
8. Veggie Quesadillas – Grill vegetables like bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and squash, and stuff them in tortillas with cheese for a vegetarian version of fajitas.
9. Honey Lime Chicken Fajitas – Add honey and lime juice to the marinade to add a sweet and tangy flavor to your chicken fajitas.
What To Serve With
There are many options to serve with Grilled Chicken Fajitas, including:
1. Flour or corn tortillas
2. Salsa and guacamole
3. Sour cream or Greek yogurt
4. Shredded cheese
5. Grilled onions and peppers
6. Refried beans or black beans
7. Mexican rice
8. Grilled corn
9. Cilantro and lime wedges
10. Jalapenos for added spiciness.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.