If you’re looking to switch up your lunch game with something light, filling and delicious, try this Greek Chicken Salad Bowl recipe! This recipe takes inspiration from the popular Greek flavors and is packed with savory grilled chicken, crisp greens, juicy cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, creamy feta cheese, and a tangy homemade dressing. It’s perfect for a meal prep or to enjoy as a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Don’t hesitate to give this recipe a try and add a bit of Mediterranean charm to your plate! Get your apron on and prepare to create this delicious Greek Chicken Salad Bowl!
Here is why you might love this Greek Chicken Salad Bowl Recipe
1. Healthy and balanced: This recipe incorporates a variety of fresh vegetables, lean protein, and healthy fats, making it a nutritious and satisfying meal option.
2. Bursting with flavor: The combination of juicy chicken, tangy feta cheese, flavorful olives, and a zesty dressing creates a satisfying, mouthwatering taste experience.
3. Easy to customize: You can easily modify this recipe to suit your personal preferences or dietary requirements, adjusting the ingredients, flavors, and components to make the perfect salad bowl for you.
Greek Chicken Salad Bowl Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp greek seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (162.3 g) mixed greens
- 2 cups (302.3 g) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup (68.5 g) Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup (76.1 g) feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup (15.2 g) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with Greek seasoning blend, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced red onion, Kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare the Greek dressing: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic clove, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the Greek dressing over the mixed greens mixture and toss well to combine.
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and slice it into strips.
- Divide the mixed greens salad among four bowls and top each one with sliced chicken.
- Garnish each bowl with a lemon slice and serve immediately.
2. Cook the chicken on high heat to create a crispy exterior and juicy interior.
3. Season the chicken with a mixture of Greek spices like oregano, thyme, and garlic.
4. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing it into bite-sized pieces.
5. Add chopped vegetables like cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red peppers for crunch and flavor.
6. Include olives and feta cheese to add saltiness and creaminess to the salad.
7. Make a dressing using olive oil, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar for a tangy, refreshing flavor.
8. Toss the salad with the dressing just before serving to ensure that the greens stay crispy.
9. Garnish with fresh herbs like parsley, dill, or basil for an extra burst of flavor.
10. Serve the Greek chicken salad bowl with warm pita bread or a side of hummus for a complete and satisfying meal.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Ingredients||Brief Description||Possible Alternatives|
|Chicken||Chicken breast is marinated in lemon juice, garlic, and herbs, then grilled until tender.||Tofu or chickpeas|
|Salad Greens||A mix of crisp lettuce, spinach, and arugula makes up the base of the bowl||Kale, mixed herbs, or spinach|
|Veggies||Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, and kalamata olives add flavor and crunch.||Bell peppers, feta cheese, or avocado|
Greek Chicken Salad Bowl Recipe. However, as a general rule, a chicken salad can last up to 3-5 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.
If freezing, it’s recommended to store the chicken and salad separately as the vegetables may become soggy when frozen.
To freeze the chicken, place it in an airtight container or freezer bag and label it with the date of freezing.
When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight and then toss with the salad. It’s important to note that freezing and thawing can cause the texture and flavor of the salad to change slightly.
1. Mediterranean twist – This variation incorporates ingredients like feta cheese, kalamata olives, and sun-dried tomatoes to give the chicken salad a Mediterranean flavor. It can be served with pita bread or grilled vegetables.
2. Lemon herb chicken salad – This variation utilizes herbs such as basil, thyme, and rosemary along with lemon juice and zest to create a fresh and tangy flavor profile.
3. Caesar chicken salad – This variation uses a Caesar dressing instead of the classic Greek dressing and incorporates ingredients like croutons, parmesan cheese, and chopped romaine lettuce. It can be served in a wrap or as a side with grilled vegetables.
4. Grilled chicken salad – This variation involves grilling the chicken to impart a smoky flavor and adding vegetables like bell peppers and zucchini for a healthy and colorful touch.
5. Hummus roasted chicken salad – This variation involves roasting the chicken and serving it with hummus, roasted vegetables, and a sprinkle of sumac for a Middle Eastern touch. It can be served with flatbread or pita chips.
6. Taco chicken salad – This variation involves seasoning the chicken with taco seasoning and serving it with ingredients like black beans, corn, avocado, and sour cream for a Mexican-inspired salad. It can be served in a taco shell or as a dip with tortilla chips.
What To Serve With
Here are some ideas for sides to serve with Greek Chicken Salad Bowl Recipe:
1. Pita bread
3. Tzatziki sauce
5. Greek-style roasted vegetables
6. Tabouli salad
7. Greek-style rice pilaf
8. Greek-style potatoes or fries
9. Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves)
10. Greek-style meatballs or kebabs.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.