Spicy Fully Loaded Dirty Fries
- 1.10 lb potatoes sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1.10 lb lean beef mince
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1.7 oz cheddar cheese
- 0.7 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp jalapeño peppers
- Wash and slice the potatoes into wedges.
- Boil the potatoes on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add vegetable oil to a baking tray and preheat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan off boil and drain water. Remove baking tray from oven.
- Add the potatoes to the baking tray. Add salt, black pepper and mixed herbs. Shake and cook for 30 minutes on 200c / 400f.
- Prepare the lean beef mince by adding olive oil to a saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add the lean beef mince and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, salt and black pepper. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and chopped parsley. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and begin to load your plate starting with the potatoes.
- Add the lean beef, bell peppers, cheese and jalapeños.
Dirty fries are comforting and delicious, so here is a version which is even better – fully loaded chips that features spicy lean beef, chunky chips, bell peppers and plenty of cheese!
I often make this on the weekend, as a cheat meal, and it’s good to share or store as leftovers for meal prep.
It’s ridiculously satisfying because these chunky chips, which are more like potato wedges, are so crispy and tasty. You need to try this!
What are fully loaded chips / dirty fries?
Loaded chips or dirty fries is the ultimate comforting dish which is can be made in several ways and is great for sharing for dinner party starters.
Essentially, it is fries or baked chips loaded with cheese, meat and vegetables, but you can customize to your ultimate preference.
My variation of this recipe is thick and crispy potato wedges that is topped up with spicy lean beef, finely chopped bell peppers, shredded cheese and jalapeños.
It is like fully loaded nachos, but this recipe uses baked potatoes instead of tortilla chips. Nevertheless, it is the perfect way to indulge, but this slightly cleaner version controls the calories per serving.
It could be a main meal for yourself, or it can be shared at a dinner party, which I do warn will go down quickly.
How to make fully loaded chips?
- Potato Wedges: Rather than using fries, this recipe would be so much better with super thick and crispy potato chips or wedges. It is more of an effort but totally worth it because these things smells and tastes so good, which is no doubt the highlight of the dish.
- Lean Beef: I used 5% lean beef to keep this recipe slightly cleaner and macro-friendly. The benefit of using lean beef is that it will appear more dry which is perfect for loading on the potatoes. You would not want soggy chips or fries right? The beef is seasoned with spices so do not worry about the lack of flavor.
- Spices: The beef is seasoned with simple Cajun seasoning blend which is a nice balance for a sharing recipe. If you really love your spice and want to make this for yourself, you can add in more cayenne pepper.
- Bell Peppers: Finely chopped red and green bell peppers are more flavor to this dish, and it smells so good.
- Cheese: The original dirty fries recipes will use a cream cheese sauce which is the main highlight, but I have opted for shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese. This is just as good!
- Jalapeño: Top up with a handful of jalapeños for the extra kick!
- For a vegetarian variation, you can replace the mince with a plant-based mince or just add load more vegetables.
- For a vegan variation, you can follow the same instructions as above, and use a plant-based cheese sauce to load the chips/fries.
Meal Plan Weekly is a resource for busy people and home cooks around the world. What started as a solo blog has now turned into a website of healthy recipes and home cooking tips written by home cooks, chefs and nutritionists around the world. Our mission is to make healthy cooking easy, with realistic recipes that you will actually cook and balanced meals that you can fit into your meal plan.