Almond Butter Energy Balls
- Add the rolled oats, medjool dates, almonds and pumpkin seeds to a high speed blender or food processor. Blitz until it forms a smooth texture.
- Add to your mixing bowl, followed by the almond butter and honey.
- Stir to combine.
- Shape up the balls and store on a baking tray.
- Store in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and store in an air-tight container or bag, and keep it stored at room temperature.
- Eat anytime and consume with 7-14 days.
- You can store these energy balls at room temperature for up to 10-14 days. In fact, it could be longer but I always eat them within a week, so I have not properly tested this out (to see how long it actually lasts).
- You can freeze the energy balls for up to 3 months but use a freezer bag.
This no-bake energy ball recipe features six ingredients which are with dates, almond butter, almonds, honey, rolled oats and pumpkin seeds.
This is a very healthy and nutritious recipe but it is great for providing you with healthy fats and complex carbohydrates.
Next time you are looking for a pre-workout snack, skip the supplements or energy drinks, and eat one of these – it is so much better and tastes wonderful.
The good news is that you do not need to bake these in the oven or eat them quickly within a certain date because you can keep them stored in a cupboard and simply eat on the go.
This is an amazing meal prep snack whether you are looking to start eating healthier snacks, need a boost with healthy ingredients or require a quick breakfast on the go.
Why you will love these no-bake energy balls?
- Less than 250 calories (kcal) per serving
- Killer pre-workout snack with great slow releasing carbohydrates
- Highly nutritious and healthy ingredients
- No-bake recipe which you can store in a room temperature for up to two weeks
If you like healthy meal prep snacks, why not try:
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Donut Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Protein Baked Oatmeal with Bananas
- Rolled Oats: Not only are these nutritious, but they are a great source of complex carbohydrates which are slow releasing.
- Dates: This ingredient is amazing for this energy ball recipe because it is a natural sweetener, is highly nutritious, easily helps bind the ball and is full of healthy benefits.
- Almond Butter: Another healthy ingredient which helps bind the ball and adds plenty of great taste to each time.
- Almonds: These almonds have been blitz in a high speed blender and are a great addition to this recipe. Almonds are rich in fiber, protein, vitamin E and healthy fats.
- Honey: Although there is already a sweetener in the dates, honey also helps make these energy balls more tasty.
- Pumpkin Seeds: The final healthy ingredient are these pumpkin seeds which are high antioxidants, magnesium and fiber.
As nutrition specialists, we are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans. All of the nutritional information provided is sourced from the USDA API.