Here is a heartwarming spicy lentil soup recipe that is very tasty and full of flavor. If you have red lentils in your pantry, be sure to try this recipe which happens to be perfect for meal prep and batch cooking.
Lentil Soup Recipe
- In a large saucepan, add the vegetable stock and red lentils.
- Bring to a boil and allow the lentils and stock to soften.
- To the same saucepan, add the carrots and leeks, salt, black pepper, spices, cooked onions, and cooked garlic.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Allow to rest and cool down before you serve.
How To Store Lentil Soup
Ensure you use an air-tight storage container to keep the lentil soup extra fresh.
|Fridge||3 to 4 days.|
|Freezer||4 to 6 months.|
How To Reheat Lentil Soup
|Saucepan||5 minutes, on medium heat.|
|Microwave||2 minutes, covered.|
We test recipes from our London studio. We also work with a team of nutrition and data specialists to help create meal plans that’ll actually work. The nutritional values you see are calculated by USDA.