Looking for a tasty and easy-to-make snack that is loved by all ages? Try your hand at crispy baked chicken tenders! These tender, juicy chicken strips are coated in a golden, crunchy crust, making them a delicious and satisfying treat. So why not whip up a batch today? Whether you’re feeding a hungry family or simply craving a snack, these chicken tenders are sure to hit the spot. So what are you waiting for? Grab some chicken, a few simple ingredients, and get ready to create a dish that’s sure to become a household favorite.
Here is why you might love this Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
1. The tenders are baked, not fried, making them a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken tenders.
2. The crispy coating adds a satisfying crunch to each bite.
3. The recipe is easy to follow and can be made quickly for a delicious, homemade meal.
Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 pound (453.6 g) chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup (63.4 g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.2 teaspoon) black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (60.9 g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (25.4 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray or oil.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- In another shallow dish, whisk eggs and milk together.
- In a third shallow dish, combine panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Coat each chicken tenderloin in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then coat it in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crispy and golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauces.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Chicken||Protein-rich meat used for making the chicken tenders||Turkey, tofu, paneer, seitan, or tempeh|
|Flour||Used for coating the chicken to make it crispy||Almond flour, coconut flour, or cornmeal|
|Bread Crumbs||Another coating ingredient that adds texture and crunch||Panko, crushed cornflakes, or crushed nuts|
The Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders recipe can last up to 3-4 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container or plastic bag. If you want to keep the chicken tenders for longer periods, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
To store the chicken tenders, wait until they have completely cooled down and pack them in an airtight container or plastic bag. Make sure to label and date the container or bag before storing them in the freezer.
To defrost the chicken tenders, remove them from the freezer and let them thaw in the fridge overnight. If you’re in a hurry, you can also thaw them using the microwave or the oven. For best results, reheat them in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer to restore their crispiness.
It’s important to note that repeatedly freezing and thawing the chicken tenders can affect their texture and taste, and could also lead to foodborne illness. So, try to avoid doing so as much as possible.
1. Spicy Chicken Tenders: Add cayenne pepper or chili powder to the flour mixture to give your chicken tenders a spicy kick.
2. Parmesan Chicken Tenders: Mix grated parmesan cheese with breadcrumbs and use it as a coating for the chicken. This variation gives the chicken tenders a cheesy and crispy texture.
3. Gluten-free Chicken Tenders: If you’re allergic or intolerant to gluten, you can substitute breadcrumbs with almond flour, coconut flour, or cornmeal.
4. Buttermilk Chicken Tenders: Soak the chicken tenders in a buttermilk mixture for a few hours before coating them in the flour mixture. This variation adds moisture to the chicken and gives it a tangy flavor.
5. Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders: Combine honey and Dijon mustard to make a sweet and tangy dipping sauce for the chicken tenders.
6. Asian-Style Chicken Tenders: Add soy sauce, ginger, and garlic to the flour mixture to give the chicken tenders an Asian flair.
7. BBQ Chicken Tenders: Brush the chicken tenders with your favorite BBQ sauce before baking them. This variation adds a smoky and sweet flavor.
8. Ranch Chicken Tenders: Mix ranch seasoning with the flour mixture to give the chicken tenders a classic ranch flavor.
What To Serve With
Here are some suggestions for what to serve with crispy baked chicken tenders:
– Crispy roasted potatoes: Cut potatoes into wedges, toss them in olive oil and seasonings, and roast them in the oven alongside the chicken tenders.
– Vegetables: Serve the chicken tenders with your choice of steamed, roasted or grilled vegetables such as broccoli, green beans, carrots, or mixed salad greens.
– French fries: Pair the chicken tenders with crispy, seasoned french fries for a classic pub-inspired meal.
– Dipping sauces: Offer a variety of dipping sauces, such as ranch dressing, honey mustard, BBQ sauce or ketchup, for dipping the chicken tenders.
– Cole slaw: Serve the crispy chicken tenders with a side of creamy and tangy coleslaw for added texture and flavor.
– Sweet potato fries: Serve baked sweet potato fries alongside the chicken tenders for a flavorful, healthier pairing.
– Mashed potatoes: Creamy, buttery mashed potatoes can be the perfect accompaniment for crispy chicken tenders.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.