Cottage Pie Recipe
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan and cook beef mince on medium-high heat until browned. Set aside.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to the pan, add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook for around 15 minutes and continuously stir, until soft.
- Add garlic cloves, flour, tomato puree, and cooked beef mince to the pan.
- Pour in a glass of red wine and let it reduce slightly.
- Add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves
- Reduce heat and cook for 45 minutes or until the gravy is thick.
- Season to taste and discard bay leaves.
- Peel and chop potatoes, boil in salted water until tender.
- Drain, steam dry, and mash with milk, butter, and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the meat into an ovenproof dish and spoon the mashed potatoes on top, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Heat oven to 440F (220C) and cook for 30 minutes or until golden.
Data source: USDA
How Long Does Cottage Pie Last?
|Fridge||3 to 4 days|
How To Reheat Cottage Pie?
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.