Cottage Cheese Penne Pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make pasta dish that has become increasingly popular over the years.
This dish consists of penne pasta mixed with cottage cheese, cream cheese, basil, garlic, and tomato sauce, resulting in a creamy yet tangy flavor.
This recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a high-protein, low-fat meal option that is both satisfying and incredibly tasty.
Cottage Cheese Penne Pasta has gained popularity in recent years due to its health benefits, versatility, and delicious mix of flavors.
This dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner, a meal prep option, or even a crowd-pleasing addition to a potluck or party.
Why you might love this recipe:
1. It’s a healthier alternative to traditional pasta dishes, thanks to the use of creamy and protein-rich cottage cheese instead of heavy cream or cheese sauces.
2. It’s a quick and easy meal to prepare, making it perfect for busy weeknights when you want something satisfying but don’t have a lot of time to cook.
3. It’s delicious and versatile, with the option to customize the dish to your liking by adding your favorite vegetables, herbs, or spices.
Cottage Cheese Pasta
- In a food processor or blender, add the cottage cheese, milk, parmesan cheese, cornstarch, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and black pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Prepare the penne pasta by adding boiled kettle water to your saucepan, add olive oil and salt, and the penne pasta. Half cook for 5 to 8 minutes and drain.
- Pour the cheese mixture into a large saucepan and add the penne pasta to cook on medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the spinach leaves and cover the pan for 2 to 4 minutes, and stir to combine.
- Enjoy and serve with your favorite sides
- Refrigerate and consume within three days if you plan to make-ahead.
- Cornstarch or corn flour is optional, but it will help thicken up the sauce.
Data source: USDA
Is cottage cheese pasta really macro-friendly?
This is subjective talk but if you have a balanced diet and regularly keep yourself in good shape, then I would say this is a macro-friendly meal prep because it can certainly fit into a general daily caloric plan.
I often make this for my lunch meal prep at work, and for a larger meal, you could also use this as a side dish with chicken breasts, which goes really well.
Of course, if you are following a low carbohydrate diet or on a keto diet then you might not find it macro-friendly.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.