Here is how to cook broccoli the easy way which tastes perfect each time. Simply allow the florets to steam in boiled water for the best results.
- Break the broccoli into bite-sized florets and rinse.
- Slice into quarters.
- Place water into saucepan (3/4) and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli and cover. Reduce heat.
- Steam for 7 minutes.
- Remove from cover and drain. Check with fork if broccoli is fully cooked.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 59.81kcalCarbohydrates: 11.7gProtein: 4.95gFat: 0.65gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.06gSodium: 203.12mgPotassium: 554.69mgFiber: 4.58gSugar: 2.98gVitamin A: 1090.93IUVitamin B1: 0.13mgVitamin B2: 0.2mgVitamin B3: 1.12mgVitamin B5: 1mgVitamin B6: 0.3mgVitamin C: 156.1mgVitamin E: 1.36mgVitamin K: 178.71µgCalcium: 82.9mgCopper: 0.09mgFolate: 110.27µgIron: 1.29mgManganese: 0.39mgMagnesium: 36.97mgPhosphorus: 115.7mgSelenium: 4.38µgZinc: 0.71mgNet Carbohydrates: 7.12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We test recipes from our London studio. We also work with a team of nutrition and data specialists to help create meal plans that’ll actually work. The nutritional values you see are calculated by USDA.