Summertime means grilling season and what better way to celebrate than with a classic BBQ grilled chicken recipe? This mouth-watering dish is a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any backyard gathering. Marinated in a blend of bold spices and tangy BBQ sauce, juicy chicken thighs are grilled to perfection. The smoky flavor paired with the sweetness of the BBQ sauce makes for a mouthful of pure bliss. Don’t miss out on this easy-to-make recipe that will leave your taste buds begging for more! Fire up the grill and try your hand at making this classic BBQ grilled chicken today!
Here is why you might love this Classic BBQ Grilled Chicken Recipe
1. Juicy and tender: The grilled chicken in this recipe is cooked to perfection, ensuring that it is juicy and tender, making every bite delicious and satisfying.
2. Rich and smoky flavor: This recipe uses classic BBQ sauce to add a rich and smoky flavor to the chicken, making it taste like it was cooked on a traditional charcoal grill.
3. Easy to prepare: This recipe requires only a few simple ingredients, and is easy to prepare, making it the perfect choice for a quick and tasty dinner any night of the week.
Classic BBQ Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. In a bowl, mix together the BBQ sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, black pepper, brown sugar, and lemon juice.
- 3. Coat each chicken breast with the mixture.
- 4. Place the chicken breasts onto the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- 5. Once fully cooked, remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Chicken||Protein-rich meat that is marinated and grilled to perfection||Pork, beef, or fish can be used|
|BBQ Sauce||Sweet and tangy sauce made with ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and honey||Mustard-based or vinegar-based sauces|
|Seasonings||A blend of garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper to enhance the flavor of the chicken||Use any preferred seasonings or seasoning blends|
Leftover grilled chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Make sure that the chicken has fully cooled down before storing it in the fridge. It’s a good idea to store the chicken in the marinade or sauce that you used for grilling, as this will help keep it moist and flavorful.
If you’d like to freeze the grilled chicken for later use, you’ll need to allow it to cool down completely before freezing. If you’re freezing it in the marinade or sauce, be sure to leave enough room in the container for the liquid to expand. You can store the chicken in airtight containers or freezer bags.
In the freezer, the grilled chicken will last for up to 2-3 months. When you’re ready to use it, you’ll need to defrost it in the fridge overnight. Make sure to place the container on a plate or other surface to catch any liquid that may drip as it defrosts.
Once the chicken has defrosted, you can reheat it in the oven, on the stove, or on the grill. If you’d like to reheat it in the oven, preheat the oven to 350°F, place the chicken in a baking dish, cover it with foil, and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
1. Spicy BBQ Grilled Chicken – Add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the BBQ sauce to spice it up.
2. Honey BBQ Grilled Chicken – Add honey to the BBQ sauce for a sweeter flavor.
3. Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken – Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, herbs like rosemary or thyme, and olive oil before grilling.
4. Korean BBQ Grilled Chicken – Marinade the chicken with a Korean-style BBQ sauce, consisting of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
5. Teriyaki Grilled Chicken – Marinade the chicken with a teriyaki sauce consisting of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
6. Cajun BBQ Grilled Chicken – Season the chicken with Cajun seasoning before grilling, and brush it with BBQ sauce while grilling.
7. Buffalo BBQ Grilled Chicken – Marinate the chicken with buffalo sauce before grilling, and brush it with BBQ sauce while grilling.
8. Pineapple BBQ Grilled Chicken – Marinate the chicken with pineapple juice, BBQ sauce, and ginger before grilling.
9. Curry BBQ Grilled Chicken – Marinade the chicken with a curry powder, BBQ sauce, and coconut milk mixture before grilling.
10. Pesto Grilled Chicken – Marinate the chicken in a pesto sauce, consisting of basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese before grilling.
What To Serve With
Here are some suggestions for what to serve with this Classic BBQ Grilled Chicken Recipe:
1. Corn on the cob
2. Grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, or eggplant
3. Potato salad
5. Baked beans
6. Macaroni and cheese
7. Garlic bread or rolls
8. Grilled pineapple for a sweet side dish
9. Watermelon slices or other summer fruit
10. A refreshing summer salad with greens, cucumber, tomatoes, and dressing of your choice.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.