Similar to a one-pot Mexican quinoa dish, here is a spicy quinoa meal prep with chorizo and jalapenos, which is a great way to throw in vegetables and spices in your pan.
Most of the meals I cook are one-pot type recipes and you often find my raving about them because they are straightforward and easy for my cooking days.
Quinoa is great as it contains good health benefits and this is a recipe to help give it some spicy flavour with the addition of chorizo and jalapenos.
The aroma of this dish made the kitchen smell so good!
Spicy Quinoa with Chorizo and Jalapeno
- 200 g quinoa rinsed
- 150 g chorizo diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- jalapeño slices from jar
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- 1 canned sweet corn
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lime juiced
- Add olive oil to your large pan, on medium heat, and add the red onions and garlic cloves. Cook for 3-5 minutes, and add the red and yellow bell peppers and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, chopped tomatoes, sweet corn, chorizo, jalapenos, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the quinoa is fully cooked through.
- Remove cover, add the lime juice and give it a final stir.
- For meal prep purposes, refrigerate up to four days.
- Ensure you rinse the quinoa before cooking.
Data source: USDA
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.