This healthy and tasty chicken teriyaki meal prep is just what you need for your office work lunch or weeknight dinner on a busy night.
We will show how you can simply prepare the ingredients for chicken teriyaki stir-fry and reheat within 4 days, which is also family-friendly because this recipe makes 4 servings.
Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry Meal Prep
- To make the teriyaki sauce, add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
- Pour over the chicken in a ziplock bag or airtight container. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Add the sesame oil to a medium-high skillet and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat and add more sauce if necessary to coat the chicken.
- In the same skillet, cook the red bell peppers for 5 minutes.
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes and rice for 15 minutes.
- Portion control and divide the chicken, broccoli, rice, and peppers into four meal prep containers.
- Allow cooling down and garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 days and reheat before serving, ensuring the chicken is piping hot throughout.
- You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for more flavor.
- You can use fresh or frozen broccoli.
- If you prefer to use store-bought teriyaki sauce, follow the package instructions accordingly.
Founder @ Meal Plan Weekly. Passionate about improving physical and mental health (wellness) via nutrition.