This healthy and tasty chicken teriyaki meal prep is just what you need for your office work lunch or weeknight dinner on a busy night.
We will show how you can simply prepare the ingredients for chicken teriyaki stir-fry and reheat within 4 days, which is also family-friendly because this recipe makes 4 servings.
Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry Meal Prep Recipe
- 1 lbs chicken breast boneless
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce light
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp spring onion finely sliced
- To make the teriyaki sauce, add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
- Pour over the chicken in a ziplock bag or airtight container. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Add the sesame oil to a medium-high skillet and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat and add more sauce if necessary to coat the chicken.
- In the same skillet, cook the red bell peppers for 5 minutes.
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes and rice for 15 minutes.
- Portion control and divide the chicken, broccoli, rice, and peppers into four meal prep containers.
- Allow cooling down and garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 days and reheat before serving, ensuring the chicken is piping hot throughout.
- You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for more flavor.
- You can use fresh or frozen broccoli.
- If you prefer to use store-bought teriyaki sauce, follow the package instructions accordingly.
Meal Plan Weekly is a resource for busy people and home cooks around the world. What started as a solo blog has now turned into a website of healthy recipes and home cooking tips written by home cooks, chefs and nutritionists around the world. Our mission is to make healthy cooking easy, with realistic recipes that you will actually cook and balanced meals that you can fit into your meal plan.