The chicken shish kebab recipe is a popular fast food and takeout option, but here is a homemade version that you can cook on the grill and enjoy with a healthy salad.
You can also use this recipe to meal prep a chicken salad bowl for the week which will be high in protein and low in fat.
What is Chicken Shish Kebab?
Chicken shish is grilled cubes of meat on a skewer that has been marinated in a yogurt featuring some spices, lemon, and tomato. It is a much healthier alternative to other shish kebabs because this recipe uses chicken breasts which are leaner cut.
Chicken Shish Kebab Meal Prep
- If you are using bamboo skewers, ensure you allow them to soak in water for at least an hour before using the grill or oven.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Add to your mixing bowl: the chicken breasts, garlic and ginger paste, olive oil, yogurt, paprika, red chilli flakes, tomato purée, lemon juice and salt and pepper,
- Stir to combine your chicken marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (for best results 4-6 hours, or overnight).
- Pre-heat your griddle pan on high heat.
- Take each marinated chicken piece and thread it on your bamboo or metal skewer.
- Once your skewers are ready, lightly season with salt and add them onto your griddle pan.
- Cook each side for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with pitta bread, salad and tzatziki sauce.
- For meal prep purposes, refrigerate up to 4 days and remove chicken pieces from skewer before reheating.
- For the best taste, allow the chicken to marinate for longer.
- Prep time excludes allowing chicken marinade to refrigerate.
- Ensure bamboo skewers are soaked before cooking.
- Nutritional information reflects chicken shish kebab only.
Data source: USDA
Is Chicken Shish Kebab Healthy?
It is generally healthy, and you can even eat it with a salad.
How Long Does Chicken Shish Kebab Meal Prep Last?
Ensure you use an air-tight storage container to keep the creamy tomato soup extra fresh.
|Fridge||3 to 4 days.|
How To Reheat Chicken Shish Kebab Meal Prep
You can eat this cold and straight from the fridge if you plan to batch cook or meal prep. However, you can reheat the salmon only if you prefer it hot.
|Microwave||2 minutes, covered.|
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.