This recipe for Chicken Roulade with Spinach & Goat Cheese is a favorite among foodies and home cooks alike. The combination of succulent chicken breast, tender spinach, and tangy goat cheese creates a mouthwatering flavor profile that is hard to resist. Plus, it’s a visually stunning dish that is sure to impress your dinner guests. Whether you’re an experienced cook or just starting out, this recipe is easy to follow and yields delicious results. Don’t miss out on the chance to try your hand at making this dish, and wow your friends and family with your culinary skills.
Here is why you might love this Chicken Roulade with Spinach & Goat Cheese Recipe
1. Unique and Delicious Flavor – The combination of tender chicken, savory spinach, and tangy goat cheese creates a flavorful and satisfying meal that is sure to delight the taste buds.
2. Elegant and Impressive Presentation – The beautiful spiral shape of the chicken roulade makes this dish perfect for special occasions or impressing guests. The elegant appearance is sure to garner compliments from those who enjoy it.
3. Easy to Prepare – Despite its gourmet presentation, this recipe is surprisingly easy to prepare, making it a great option for busy weeknights or last-minute dinner parties. With a little bit of effort, anyone can create a tasty and impressive chicken roulade.
Chicken Roulade with Spinach & Goat Cheese Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1 1/2 cups (45.6 g) baby spinach leaves
- 4 oz (113.4 g) goat cheese softened
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.2 tsp) black pepper
- 1/2 cup (63.4 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup (60.9 g) panko breadcrumbs
- Pound 4 chicken breasts until they are thin and flat.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of fresh spinach leaves, 4 oz softened goat cheese, and 2 cloves minced garlic.
- Spread spinach and cheese mixture onto each chicken breast, leaving a little room around the edges.
- Roll up the chicken breasts tightly and secure with toothpicks or kitchen twine.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Season the chicken rolls with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper, then coat in 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Dip chicken rolls in a beaten egg and coat in 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Spray chicken rolls with cooking spray and place them in the hot pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Chicken Roulade with Spinach & Goat Cheese!
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper before stuffing and rolling to enhance flavor.
3. Use fresh and high-quality ingredients such as spinach and goat cheese to ensure a flavorful and delicious filling.
4. Sauté or wilt the spinach in a pan, then squeeze out the excess water to prevent the chicken from becoming too watery.
5. Use toothpicks or cooking twine to secure the chicken roulade while cooking to prevent the filling from spilling out.
6. Sear the chicken roulade on all sides in a hot pan to create a crispy and golden crust before finishing in the oven.
7. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute and prevent dryness.
8. If making ahead of time, tightly wrap and refrigerate the roulades until ready to cook to ensure freshness.
9. Serve with a delicious sauce or gravy for added flavor and moisture.
10. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to the appropriate temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Chicken||Thinly pounded chicken breast used as a base for stuffing.||Turkey or pork tenderloin|
|Spinach||Nutrient-rich green leaves that add flavor and texture to the filling.||Kale or Swiss chard|
|Goat Cheese||Creamy and tangy cheese that complements the spinach filling.||Feta or ricotta cheese|
Generally speaking, chicken roulade with spinach and goat cheese can last in the fridge for up to three days when stored in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
To freeze the dish, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container, where it can last for up to three months.
To defrost, move the dish from the freezer to the fridge overnight for slow thawing. Alternatively, it can be defrosted in the microwave or a sink full of cold water, being cautious not to partially cook the chicken.
Reheat the thawed roulade in the oven, on the stove, or in the microwave until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
1. Mushroom and Cheese variation: Instead of spinach, stuff the chicken with a mixture of sautéed mushrooms and cheese. The mushroom filling can be prepared by cooking finely chopped mushrooms with garlic, herbs, and seasonings.
2. Pesto and Sun-dried Tomato variation: A mixture of pesto and chopped sun-dried tomatoes is used instead of spinach and goat cheese. The pesto should contain basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts.
3. Mediterranean variation: Instead of goat cheese, substitute feta cheese for a Mediterranean flavor profile. The filling can be a mixture of chopped olives, sundried tomatoes, and spinach.
4. Bacon and Gorgonzola variation: Stuff the chicken with a mixture of crumbled cooked bacon and Gorgonzola cheese. The filling can also include chopped nuts and herbs like rosemary or thyme.
5. Artichoke and Parmesan variation: Stuff the chicken with a mixture of marinated artichoke hearts and grated parmesan cheese. The artichokes should be drained and chopped before mixing with the cheese.
6. Thai-style variation: Use coconut cream and curry paste as the filling with spinach. Coat the chicken with breadcrumbs and serve with jasmine rice and stir-fried vegetables.
7. Mexican Variation: Stuff the chicken with a mixture of fried onions, tomato, jalapenos, and black beans with spinach and cheese. Season the chicken with chili powder or jerk seasoning instead of salt and pepper.
What To Serve With
Here are a few options:
1. Roasted or steamed vegetables like carrots, broccoli, or asparagus
2. A simple side salad with a light vinaigrette dressing
3. Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
4. Garlic bread or crusty bread to mop up the sauce
5. Rice or quinoa
6. Grilled corn or sautéed green beans
7. A fruit salad with fresh berries and citrus segments
8. Baked sweet potato fries
9. Cauliflower gratin
10. Roasted cherry tomatoes or sautéed mushrooms.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.