If you’re a fan of classic Italian flavors, you’ll love this Chicken Caprese Panini recipe! Made with juicy chicken breasts, fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and fragrant basil leaves, this sandwich is like a handheld taste of Italy. Grilled to perfection with a crispy exterior and melt-in-your-mouth interior, it’s the perfect choice for a quick and satisfying lunch or dinner. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, this recipe is easy to follow and will yield delicious results every time. So why not give it a try and impress your taste buds with this mouth-watering panini creation?
Here is why you might love this Chicken Caprese Panini Recipe
1. It’s a delicious twist on the classic Caprese salad, with the addition of juicy chicken and warm, toasted bread.
2. It’s easy to make and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or lunch.
3. It’s a filling and satisfying meal that packs a lot of flavor into each bite.
Chicken Caprese Panini Recipe
- Preheat a panini press or grill to medium-high heat
- Brush olive oil on both sides of each slice of ciabatta bread
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- Grill the chicken until fully cooked, about 6-7 minutes per side
- Cut cooked chicken breasts into thin slices
- Assemble paninis by placing 2 slices of mozzarella cheese on one slice of bread, followed by chicken slices, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze
- Top with the other slice of bread
- Place each assembled panini on the panini press or grill
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted
- Cut each panini in half and serve hot. Enjoy!
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Chicken||Cooked and sliced chicken breast||Tofu, grilled portobello mushroom, sliced ham|
|Tomatoes||Fresh sliced or diced tomatoes||Sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers|
|Mozzarella||Sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese||Vegan cheese, provolone, cheddar|
|Bread (optional)||Ciabatta or sourdough bread for panini||Gluten-free bread, wrap or pita for sandwich|
|Basil||Fresh chopped basil leaves for garnish||Dried basil, parsley, cilantro|
|Olive oil||Brushed on bread or drizzled on chicken||Avocado oil, butter, pesto|
Cooked chicken lasts for 3-4 days in the refrigerator and up to several months in the freezer.
To properly store leftovers in the fridge, wrap the panini in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container.
To freeze, wrap the sandwich in plastic wrap, followed by aluminum foil to help prevent freezer burn.
To defrost, transfer the sandwich from the freezer to the refrigerator overnight, then reheat in a panini press or toaster oven until hot and crispy. It’s always best to consume frozen food within three months for the best quality.
1. Turkey Caprese Panini: Substitute turkey for chicken to make a healthier and lower calorie version of the recipe.
2. Vegetarian Caprese Panini: Use sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil on your favorite bread.
3. Pesto Caprese Panini: Spread pesto sauce on the bread for an added flavor boost.
4. Balsamic Glazed Caprese Panini: Drizzle balsamic glaze on the mozzarella cheese and chicken for added flavor.
5. Spicy Caprese Panini: Add sliced jalapenos or hot sauce to the sandwich to give it a spicy kick.
6. Italian Caprese Panini: Use Italian bread and add
slices of prosciutto for a true Italian twist on the classic panini.
What To Serve With
Here are some ideas for what to serve with Chicken Caprese Panini:
1. Chips or fries
2. Tomato soup
3. Caesar salad
4. Grilled vegetables
5. Steamed broccoli or green beans
6. Garlic bread
7. Fresh fruit salad
8. Antipasto platter
9. Pasta salad
10. Roasted potatoes.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.