Looking for an easy and delicious dinner recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights? Look no further than this Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner! Made with juicy chicken breasts, savory vegetables, and a blend of herbs and spices, this dish is both flavorful and healthy. Plus, it’s all cooked on one sheet pan, making clean-up a breeze. It’s no wonder this recipe has become such a popular go-to for families all over the world. So why not give it a try tonight? Your taste buds (and your busy schedule!) will thank you.
Here is why you might love this Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
1. It’s a one-pan meal: The beauty of this recipe lies in the fact that all ingredients come together in one sheet pan, making it easy to put together with minimal cleanup.
2. Healthy and nutritious: This recipe features a wholesome combination of chicken breast and fresh vegetables, making it a healthy and balanced meal option.
3. Versatile: The recipe can be easily adapted to include different types of protein and vegetables, depending on individual preferences and dietary restrictions.
Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken breasts on one side of the sheet
- Arrange the sliced onion, bell peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes on the other side of the sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together minced garlic, olive oil, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Drizzle the garlic oil mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Use your hands or a spoon to make sure everything is coated evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
2. Choose vegetables that will cook in a similar amount of time as your chicken, such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, or bell peppers.
3. Cut your vegetables into uniform size to ensure they cook evenly.
4. Coat your chicken and vegetables with a light layer of oil or cooking spray to help them brown and prevent sticking while cooking.
5. Season your chicken and vegetables generously with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings, such as garlic powder, paprika, or Italian seasoning.
6. Place your chicken on the sheet pan first and arrange your vegetables around it, leaving space between each item so they can cook evenly.
7. For even browning, flip your chicken and stir your vegetables halfway through cooking time.
8. Use a meat thermometer to ensure your chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
9. Let your sheet pan dinner rest for a few minutes before serving to allow juices to redistribute and prevent burning your tongue.
10. Serve with a fresh salad or a side dish of your choice for a complete and satisfying meal.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Main Ingredient||Brief Description||Possible Alternatives|
|Chicken||A lean source of protein that is low in fat and high in nutrients such as vitamin B12 and selenium.||Turkey, pork, beef, tofu, tempeh|
|Vegetables||Provides essential vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Commonly used vegetables include broccoli, carrots, onion, and bell peppers.||Cauliflower, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, sweet potato|
|Seasonings||Adds flavor to the dish. Common seasonings include garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.||Rosemary, basil, paprika, cumin, chili powder|
In general, chicken and vegetable sheet pan dinners can last for 2-3 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container. If you want to freeze it, it should last for up to 3 months. Always make sure to cool the food before storing it in the fridge or freezer.
To store it, place it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. If you want to freeze it, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil and place in a ziplock bag. Squeeze out any excess air and label with the date and name of the dish.
When defrosting the dish, you can either thaw it overnight in the fridge or microwave it on a low power setting until defrosted. Alternatively, you can reheat the dish in the oven at 375°F (190°C) for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Always make sure to check the temperature of the food to ensure it’s cooked to safe levels before consuming.
1. Mexican-style: Add sliced bell peppers, onions, and sweet corn to the sheet pan, and season with chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Serve on tortillas with salsa and guacamole.
2. Mediterranean-style: Use cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and sliced zucchini instead of the vegetables listed in the recipe. Add fresh herbs like oregano, thyme, and rosemary. Serve with pita bread and tzatziki.
3. Asian-style: Use snow peas, sliced bell peppers, and thinly sliced carrots as your vegetables. Marinate your chicken in soy sauce, ginger, and garlic before roasting. Top with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
4. BBQ-style: Coat your chicken in your favorite BBQ sauce instead of olive oil, and add sliced onions and bell peppers. Serve with corn on the cob and coleslaw.
5. Italian-style: Use cherry tomatoes, sliced zucchini, and finely chopped garlic. Add sliced mushrooms and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve with a side salad and garlic bread.
What To Serve With
Here are some ideas of what to serve with the chicken and vegetable sheet pan dinner recipe:
– Rice: Serve the chicken and veggies over a bed of rice for a more filling meal.
– Salad: A fresh green salad with a simple vinaigrette will balance out the richness of the chicken and add some extra vegetables to the meal.
– Bread: A crusty baguette or some garlic bread is perfect for mopping up the delicious juices left on the sheet pan.
– Fruit: A bowl of fresh seasonal fruit like watermelon, grapes or berries will provide a refreshing and healthy dessert.
– Sauces: If you want to add some extra flavor to the chicken, serve it with a dipping sauce like tzatziki, hummus or sriracha mayo.
– Wine: Depending on your preference, a chilled white wine or a medium-bodied red would pair well with this dish.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.