Looking for a healthy, delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for weekday dinners or lunchboxes? Look no further than these Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers! These stuffed peppers combine tender chicken, protein-rich quinoa, flavorful onion and garlic, fresh spinach and creamy, tangy feta cheese for a tasty, filling meal that will satisfy everyone in the family. Not only are these peppers a great source of protein, vitamins and fiber, they are also colorful and fun to eat, making them a popular favorite for all occasions. So why not try making these tasty peppers yourself and see what all the fuss is about?
Here is why you might love this Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe
1. Healthy: This recipe contains nutrient-rich vegetables and grains like quinoa and bell peppers, making it a great option for those who are health-conscious or looking for a nutritious meal.
2. Versatile: This recipe can be easily customized based on personal preferences, such as using different types of protein (like turkey or tofu) or adding additional seasonings and spices.
3. Easy to make: This recipe is a great option for busy weeknights, as it can be made in just a few simple steps and doesn’t require a lot of prep work. Plus, leftovers can be easily reheated for a quick and convenient meal later on.
Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic, and cook until softened.
- Stir in cooked quinoa, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each pepper with the chicken-quinoa mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the tops of the peppers.
- Place stuffed peppers in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with optional toppings as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
2. Cut the tops off of 4 bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
3. Cook 1 cup of quinoa according to package instructions and set aside.
4. In a pan, cook 1 pound of ground chicken until browned and cooked through.
5. Add 1 diced onion and 2 minced garlic cloves to the pan with the chicken and cook until softened.
6. Add 1 diced zucchini and 1 diced yellow squash to the pan and cook until softened.
7. Stir in 1 small can of diced tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add the cooked quinoa to the chicken mixture and stir until combined.
9. Spoon the chicken and quinoa mixture into each pepper until it is full.
10. Place the peppers in a baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the filling is hot.
11. Serve the stuffed peppers hot with additional toppings such as grated Parmesan cheese or fresh herbs.
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Chicken||A lean protein that is easy to cook and absorb flavors||Turkey, beef, tofu, lentils, chickpeas|
|Quinoa||A high-protein grain that adds a nutty flavor and texture||Brown rice, wild rice, barley, bulgur, farro, couscous|
|Bell Peppers||A colorful and nutrient-dense vegetable used as a vessel||Zucchini, eggplant, butternut squash, portobello mushrooms, tomatoes|
Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers last for about 3-4 days in the refrigerator if stored in an airtight container.
To store them, let the peppers cool to room temperature before placing them in an airtight container or wrapping them in plastic wrap. Make sure to remove any excess air to prevent freezer burn.
If you want to freeze your stuffed peppers, wrap them tightly in foil and store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 2-3 months.
To defrost, place the peppers in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you could also defrost them in the microwave on a low temperature.
Always make sure that the food is heated to the correct temperature before serving.
1. Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers: Replace the chicken with cooked beans or lentils to make a vegetarian version of this dish.
2. Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers: Use feta cheese, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh herbs like oregano or thyme to give the dish a Mediterranean twist.
3. Mexican Stuffed Peppers: Use taco seasoning and add black beans, corn, and jalapeños to the filling. Top with salsa and cheese for a delicious south-of-the-border flavor.
4. Italian Stuffed Peppers: Use a combination of ground pork and beef, and add Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese to the filling. Serve with a side of garlic bread for a classic Italian meal.
5. Breakfast Stuffed Peppers: Replace the chicken with scrambled eggs and sausage for a protein-packed breakfast option. Add cheese and salsa on top for a flavorful finish.
6. Vegan Stuffed Peppers: Use cooked quinoa and veggies like mushrooms, onions, carrots, and bell peppers to create a hearty vegan filling. Top with vegan cheese or nutritional yeast to make it cheesy.
7. Gluten-Free Stuffed Peppers: Use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari, and ensure all ingredients used are gluten-free friendly to make this dish safe for people with gluten allergies or sensitivities.
8. Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers: Use cauliflower rice in place of quinoa to create a lower-carb option. Add your favorite protein (like chicken or tofu), veggies, and spices for great flavor without the carbs.
What To Serve With
Some options to serve with Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe might include:
1. A side salad with a light vinaigrette dressing
2. Roasted vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, or asparagus
3. Grilled or sautéed mushrooms
4. Roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash
5. A side of garlic bread or crusty bread for dipping in the sauce from the stuffed peppers
6. Seasoned rice or couscous
7. A light herb or tomato-based soup
8. Steamed green beans or snow peas
9. A fruit salad or sliced fresh fruit for dessert
10. A light and refreshing beverage such as lemon water, herbal tea, or sparkling water with fresh citrus slices.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.