Looking for a delicious and quick meal that the whole family will enjoy? Look no further than chicken and cheese quesadillas! This recipe has been a hit for years, combining juicy chicken with gooey melted cheese all wrapped up in a crisp tortilla. What’s not to love? It’s the perfect meal for busy weeknights or lazy weekends, and it can be customized to suit every taste preference. Without a doubt, this simple and tasty dish has earned its popularity. So why not give it a try today, and add your own spin to it? Trust us – your taste buds will thank you!
Here is why you might love this Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas Recipe
1. Simple and easy to make: This recipe only requires a few ingredients and can be made in less than 30 minutes, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights or impromptu gatherings.
2. Delicious and satisfying: Who doesn’t love the combination of melted cheese and juicy chicken? These quesadillas are packed with flavor and are sure to satisfy your hunger.
3. Versatile and customizable: You can easily customize this recipe to suit your preferences by switching up the type of cheese, adding veggies, or even swapping out the chicken for a vegetarian protein. Plus, quesadillas make a great appetizer or main dish, making them a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas Recipe
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups (284 g) cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups (227.2 g) shredded cheese
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked and shredded chicken, diced onion, diced bell pepper, and diced jalapeño pepper (if using).
- Add chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Brush each flour tortilla with melted butter or vegetable oil.
- Place a tortilla on the preheated skillet and sprinkle with some shredded cheese.
- Add some of the chicken and vegetable mixture on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top of the mixture.
- Top with another tortilla and press lightly.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until the cheese melts and the tortillas turn golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut the quesadillas into quarters and serve hot with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream on the side (if desired).
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Chicken||Cooked, shredded or diced||Tofu, beans, steak, shrimp|
|Cheese||Shredded||Vegan cheese, goat cheese, queso fresco|
|Tortillas||Flour or corn||Whole wheat, gluten-free, or flavored tortillas|
Cooked chicken can be stored in the fridge for up to four days in an airtight container. For freezing, wrap the quesadillas in plastic wrap or foil, and put them in a freezer-safe container or bag. They can stay in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, place them in the fridge overnight before reheating in the microwave, oven or stove. Always follow the recipe’s instructions for the specific storage and reheating guidance.
1. Veggie Quesadillas: Replace the chicken with vegetables like bell peppers, onions, corn, and black beans. Add some avocado for a creamy texture.
2. Beef Quesadillas: Substitute the chicken with shredded beef, seasoned with chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Top with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
3. Breakfast Quesadillas: Use scrambled eggs and crumbled breakfast sausage instead of chicken. Add some diced tomatoes and green onions for extra flavor.
4. Hawaiian Quesadillas: Top the chicken with diced pineapple, sliced ham, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Grill until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. BBQ Chicken Quesadillas: Toss the chicken in your favorite BBQ sauce, then layer it with shredded cheese and sliced red onions. Cook until crispy and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
6. Greek Quesadillas: Use feta cheese, spinach, and seasoned chicken in your quesadillas. Serve with a side of tzatziki sauce for dipping.
What To Serve With
– Guacamole or sliced avocado
– Salsa or pico de gallo
– Sour cream or Greek yogurt
– Shredded lettuce or cabbage
– Refried beans or black beans
– Spanish rice
– Margaritas or Mexican beer (for a fun drink option)
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.