Cheesy Chicken Buffalo Pasta Recipe
- 1.40 lb chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cups pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Buffalo Cheesy Pasta Sauce
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic cloves minced
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buffalo wings sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp cilinatro chopped
- Cook the pasta, by adding fresh pasta to hot water in a medium-high heated saucepan. Add a drop of extra virgin olive oil and salt to taste.
- In a separate medium-high heated saucepan, prep the sauce by adding extra virgin olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, buffalo wings sauce and red wine vinegar. Stir to combine, reduce heat and simmer. Keep stirring until it reaches a smooth texture (if you want, add water).
- Prep the seasoned chicken by cooking it your preferred way and cutting it into bite-sized chunks.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the buffalo sauce. Add the cooked chicken to the sauce also.
- Stir to combine and cook for a further 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Top up with cilantro or toppings of your choice.
- For meal prep, store in fridge up to 3-4 days.
- You can freeze this up to 1 month.
- You can prep the sauce for 3-5 days.
If you are looking for a quick dinner idea packed with flavor, you need to give this cheesy chicken buffalo pasta a try.
This is a thick, creamy, and spicy pasta sauce made from red-hot buffalo-wing sauce, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
What is cheesy chicken buffalo pasta?
This is a cheesy chicken pasta recipe which certainly has a kick and plenty of heat to it, but you will undoubtedly enjoy this if you love spicy food.
The good news is that chicken buffalo pasta is also a fantastic meal prep recipe, and it keeps so well that it tastes better the next day.
It can be a fun way to prep chicken breasts, too, because this is high in protein and can be great if you are looking for a post-gym meal.
Why this recipe works?
- Amazing for meal prep – you can cook this all at once and reheat it later for the week-ahead. As this recipe calls for a tasty buffalo cheesy pasta sauce, you will enjoy more flavor from this chicken pasta which is great for lunch or dinner.
- Good for bodybuilders – if you’re looking to bulk, you can control the portions to make each serving high in calories and protein which will keep you feeling great.
- Spicy Chicken Breasts: Seasoned with cayenne pepper powder, these cooked chicken breasts are a great source of lean protein. However, you could use chicken thighs or another main ingredient to go with the buffalo cheesy sauce and pasta. Chicken breasts are very lean which is why I prefer to use it with a cheesy pasta recipe for balance.
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce: The best feature of this recipe is this amazing buffalo cheesy sauce. This is a mixture of onion, garlic, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, white wine vinegar and red-hot buffalo wings sauce. You can substitute the cheese for your favorite types, which is important to note.
- Pasta: Use your preferred pasta and add it to the cheesy sauce once cooked.
How to make chicken buffalo pasta?
- Step one: To make the cheesy buffalo sauce, mix together onion, garlic, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, white wine vinegar and red-hot buffalo wings sauce. You can also prep this spicy pasta sauce and save time on weeknights by adding it to cooked chicken and pasta.
- Step two: Add the cooked chicken and pasta, then it is ready to serve or meal prep. The chicken was seasoned with cayenne pepper and I used standard pasta, but there are so many variations you can come up with for this recipe. If you do not eat chicken, you can add tofu blocks instead.
If you like this recipe, why not try:
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Pasta
- Healthy Chicken Shish Kebab Meal Prep
- Chicken Burrito Bowl Meal Prep
Meal Plan Weekly is a resource for busy people and home cooks around the world. What started as a solo blog has now turned into a website of healthy recipes and home cooking tips written by home cooks, chefs and nutritionists around the world. Our mission is to make healthy cooking easy, with realistic recipes that you will actually cook and balanced meals that you can fit into your meal plan.